My Smack-Pack has already been smacked!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewVegas

Reaction score
I've always used white labs tubes in the past. I just received a kit from Northern Brewer that took 4 days to arrive. The ice pack was hot (this is Vegas) and the smack pack was inflated. I plan on brewing in 2 days. Will it last or should I make a started with it?

Hey HoppyMonkey...I used to live off 400 in Alpharetta. Now I live in Vegas. What part of the ATL are you in?

I didn't make a starter because I didn't have any DME and ended up brewing today instead of yesterday. When I cut open the smack-pack it looked like there was a two chamber pouch inside the bag. One pouch was popped, but the other wasn't. What were the two chambers? The bag inflated with only one chamber busted. I cut open the other and dumped it into the carboy with the rest of the packet.

OK, I'm glad to hear that the pack wasn't smacked. Then why was the pack inflated when I get the kit in the mail?

Back