starbucks syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexbanner

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of using artificial flavors in beers. You get exactly what you want, its cheap, and theres no risk of infection.

I work at a starbucks to support my brewing habit while in college. I was thinking of using some syrups to flavor beers. I'm thinking of trying some caramel in this nut brown which is in secondary right now.

Anyone ever try this?

I'm a big fan of using artificial flavors in beers. You get exactly what you want, its cheap, and theres no risk of infection.

I work at a starbucks to support my brewing habit while in college. I was thinking of using some syrups to flavor beers. I'm thinking of trying some caramel in this nut brown which is in secondary right now.

Anyone ever try this?

I tried it once (Torani) with a cider when I was still carbing in bottles. I looked up and down the ingredients list trying to see if there was any preservatives. I went ahead and tried it and added to taste to all 5 gallons. It never carbed, but I took it to a party and got the most compliments of beverage I ever brought :confused: :tank:

I would like to try now that I am kegging..... Can't hurt, right?

da Vinci syrups are great. In your beer, over ice cream, in cocoa; you can even use them to make Italian sodas.

why would you want to put artificial ingredients in beer?

I already said why.

Torani is probably what I'll be using. My friend is bringing toffee and caramel home tonight. I'll post how this goes as this batch should be ready within a week.

If this works, and I see no reason why it wouldn't, then this is very exciting because it opens up truly endless possibilities. Off the top of my head, I can name 10 different flavors of syrup.

Torani has so many flavors. While it is not real fruit, etc.they are not really artificial flavors in the normal sense, plus they use real cane sugar.

Torani has so many flavors. While it is not real fruit, etc.they are not really artificial flavors in the normal sense, plus they use real cane sugar.

True, however they still use some preservative or something that inhibits yeast. Make sure to only carb with it!

True, however they still use some preservative or something that inhibits yeast. Make sure to only carb with it!

I'm pretty sure you're right. The solution is to add it at the end of secondary, and not use too much, since the sugar will not ferment out. Fortunately I happened to do both.

The result was fantastic. I used one cup of syrup for 5 gallons, which I believe is the perfect amount. It was actually half caramel, half toffee nut. This beer is damned tasty and the flavors are noticeable, but not overdone in the least.

Back