Kegconnection customer service

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynd96

Reaction score
Been going at this hobby for several years and the only down side is bottling, so I want to make the jump to kegs. I have been reading a lot of posts about who to buy from, what to look for etc. I was going to buy from Midwest but saw kegconnection was having a superbowl sale and would like the taprite regs. I sent several emails to them, about a week ago, with questions about several of the packages and have not heard from them.

Have any of you had problems with their customer service?

Is this a real small company with only a couple employees and that's why I haven't heard back yet.

I would like to know your experience with them, I would gladly pay more somewhere else as good customer service is worth every penny to me.

I've got a Belgian Pale and American Wheat waiting and I really don't want to sanitize 100 bottles.

Thanks

They are very well regarded around here. Maybe your emails are not getting through, or they have not have a chance to get back to you. Try giving them a call and I am sure they will be happy to answer any questions

They were great to me. Do you need something custom? I'm very happy with my "off the rack" 2 keg with dual regulator setup. No need to email for that, just order from the site.

They are probably just slow responding to emails because of tons of questions from the sale. If you need a quick response just call them.

Yeah they've always been helpful and reasonably responsive, though I have had some issues actually getting in touch quickly (even by phone). I emailed to ask about getting the super bowl discount b/c I ordered last Friday before seeing it on the site. Haven't heard back. They're knowledge is really good, and they have always been helpful (giving me a discount on a Thanksgiving sale that ended early on the west coast), but that took a while too.

On the other hand, I did get a super fast and helpful response on my question about keg posts and poppets.

As best I can tell they are really small, so I would say have some patience if you can.

I am new to kegging.

Order #1:
2 keg system with dual body reg. High pressure gauge and bottle of starsan crushed during shipment. I noticed the starsan first, called, and they sent a replacement no questions asked. A couple of days later I noticed the gauge. They replaced no questions asked.

Order #2:
Wanted to add a keg and split one of my gas lines. I called to discuss and Todd went thru the pros/cons and we agreed on a plan and he put together a custom order for me. Everything arrived as we discussed and it is up to me to find the time to put it together.

Both of the above are the pros of working with them. I will definitely go to them first when the next need arises.

The con if it is: the gauge that was crushed is not exactly robust or high quality. Still, I believe that I still got more than I paid for.

:mug:

I got a 4 keg setup in Dec with reg and valve bank. I could not be happier everything came as ordered I had to call them and I spoke with Ben. Very helpful and everything worked right out of the box. good luck and good by bottles. Also I second being in this a Arm and a leg!

I had a great experience. I called them because I had three Visa Gift Cards I wanted to use. These can be a huge PITA to use at the best of times and even more so online. They gladly processed all three and PayPal for the rest.

You can see my resulting Keezer at the link below.

I have also had very good experiences with them, although I do concur that they can be a bit slow in responding to questions via email. On the other hand, when I have been impatient, I have called them by phone and received excellent support.

The impression that I get is that they are very busy, and they probably have to run a pretty tight ship to make it in this economy. Of course, I am speculating. I will definitely order from them again when the need arises.

rynd96 glad to hear I am not the only one not getting email responses from them. Like you I have been reading post after post on this board and everyone raves about their customer support. I sent them an email last week asking several questions about getting a custom quote for a kit and have received nothing back either so I was kind of disappointed. I am hoping it is because they are backed up with requests from the sale or that our emails did not go through. I guess I need to give them a call too...

I think he gets pretty inundated some times. I asked for a quote on a setup and it took about two weeks for him to get back to me. It was a great price but a couple of days late. I wouldn't hold it against him, probably just swamped.

+1 on calling.

In my experience, they are terrible at replying to emails, but after calling, your problem will be resolved in about 30 seconds. Great customer service!

another +1 on calling. I've also had trouble corresponding with then through e-mail, but have had good results with phone calls.

I ordered three tap tower with shipment to South Africa. My credit card was charged with the full amount. I then asked kegconnection to change shipping address to a freind in the US. This they did and refunded me the difference for the cheaper shipping. Excellent service.

I just ordered the three tap tower too, all by email from Afghanistan. It will be shipped to my house. My emails never were quick to be answered, but they always were after a few days. It sounds like with all of us emailing that that are just very busy and have a ton of emails. Hope your order works out as well as mine.

I have had similar experience the past week and a half. I have sent a few emails and left a few voicemails and haven't heard back. I also PM'ed the guy through this site and haven't heard back. I'll just keep calling and hopefully one of these days someone will answer.

I figure based on the reviews from this site, I will give them more time, but at some point I will just have to give up.

I just dont understand, I mean I like using email and all. I use it daily at work, but I dont care about work. For my homebrew questions, I want answers immediately. I would just pick up the phone.

Yeah I sent an email because I thought it would be easier to explain my issues. A picture with arrows of where the leaks are is way easier then saying "<My regulator leaks where the pipe thingy attaches to the other big round thing. How do I fix it?"

I guess I'll have to call today since its gone unanswered.

Also I've been told a million times I'm deficient when it comes to phone conversations. I'm not even allowed to order a pizza in my house...

I just dont understand, I mean I like using email and all. I use it daily at work, but I dont care about work. For my homebrew questions, I want answers immediately. I would just pick up the phone.

I agree that the phone may be the best way, but in my case it was not possible to call during business hours. If you can call and do it that way.

$18 shipping for a 5lb CO2 tank, regulator and hoses/picnic taps for a 2 keg system to the opposite end of the continent, ordered on the 23rd of December and received on the 8th. Yeah - I'm a happy customer.

Great guys at kegconnection. Dec 2008 ordered 40' of 3/16" bev line. Had a terrible experience with my first two kegs and quit kegging. Dec 2009 decide to try kegging again and discover they had shipped me 1/4" bev line instead of 3/16". I emailed, they got back, spoke on the phone to Todd to confirm things, and he is taking care of the mistake-- one year later!

That is good service.

I have been in the market for a new keg system for a while and had a few questions. I gave them a call yesterday with a few concerns and they were very helpful . They were not in a hurry and were straight forward. I got a great vibe from them and will be ordering my new system before the superbowl sale ends .

Back