Northern Brewer all-grain kits are cheap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunkatuw

Reaction score
I haven't looked at all-grain kits very much recently, but I stumbled upon northern brewer's all-grain kits today and they have a lot of kits in the $15-$20 range including yeast. There are even a couple kits that include liquid yeast for under $20.

I know lots of recipes can be cheaper when you buy in bulk, but I'm still trying to find multiple beers that I always want to have on tap and this is a cheap way to try out lots of different beers.

Just thought I'd give a heads up to everyone.

Last kit I got from them came with the wrong ingredients. Oh well, maybe i'll give them one more try.

I've always had good luck with them.

My last catalog they didn't include yeast in the kits, probably to combat rising shipping cost.

Look again I think they change there prices to reflect no yeast is standard now.

There are a few low-gravity & IBU kits that still come in under $20, even with liquid yeast.

They do freely substitute hops with the kits, presumably based upon availability. I found this disappointing, but I've experienced the same from AHS, so we can't single out Northern. In the middle of a hop shortage, I suppose it's not unreasonable.

Back