Kroger sale on pasteurized apple juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fratermus

Reaction score
$1/half gallon if you buy ten (which happens to be what we need for a 5gal batch of apfelwein).

I checked the ingredient list; same as the TreeTop that was mentioned in the original AW thread: water, AJ concentrate, ascorbic acid.

So that makes the juce component of an AW 5gal batch = $10. Woo hoo! I bought 5gals of it for my next batch.

I have made 3 batches (4th is fermenting presently) of hard cider with Kroger apple juice and it has always turned out nice.

Bottled some English bitter today... so my carboy is now empty. Remembered this thread as I was was about to pass a Kroger on my way to the Brew Store. Now have five gallons of apple juice and 2 pounds of corn sugar sitting on the counter... will be giving this a try tomorrow.

Just ran out to Kroger... No such luck in my area. But it was still pretty cheap -- $4.00 for a gallon -- so I bought some anyway and just pitched a batch. An excellent stopgap for my lack of brewing funds due to getting married this month!!

If you have a fry's or city market by you they also have the same deal.....atleast the fry's in my area does.

It's not surprising, since Kroger owns both Fry's and City Market chains. They also own Dillon's, King Soopers, Smith's, Fred Meyer, Ralph's and Food4Less in CA, and that's all I can think of for now.

Made the 5g batch today and have it sitting with some ale at 68 degrees. Once I bottle the ale, is this a good temp or should I set it lower/higher? What's the desired range for Apfelwien???

Back