Cookies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NuclearRich

Reaction score
I like to cook. Which is why I like brewing beer. So don't make fun, because baking is cooking too.

I am doing a holiday cookie swap (I make 7 dozen, 6 other people make 7 dozen then we all trade so everyone has 1 dozen each of 7 different cookies to share during the holidays). What 7 different cookies would be your ideal list to trade for?

I really hope someone makes peanutbutter cookies with the mini peanut butter cups on top.

ooh nice. I make a killer ghiardelli chocolate chocolate chip. Expensive, so I don't know if I'll make 7 dozen.

Holy crap that is a lot of cookies. Hope you are taking them to family gatherings!

I'm on a diet to reduce sugar and so pretty much any cookie would be my favorite. I'm not picky. Snickerdoodles, molasses, choc chip, oatmeal, pecan sandies, thumbjams, sugar cookies...

I'm sure there are more, so if you think of any, just mentally add them to the list.

Yeah I will be bringing them around to family and friends for the holidays. Work as well.

Whats a thumbjam

Jam Thumbprint. It's a small cookie with a depression you make with your thumb and fill with jam or other stuff. They have another name but I just call them thumbjams.

Oops, they are usually called jamthumbs...

In no particular order, my favs would include:

Oatmeal raisin
Raisin, date & walnut
Pumpkin spice
Molasses
Scottish shortbread
Traditional holiday sugar cookies, decorated & plain
Keflies

I'm not doing a swap, I'm just saying wht my favs are.
Regards, GF.

mmmmmm oatmeal raisin....

best cookie ever!!

If you wanna make something that I don't think a lot of people have had, try making a trail mix cookie. It's got all kinds of trail mix stuff in it and the one I had included cranberries. It was great!!

Back