Two Thanksgiving Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatspin

Reaction score
I made two beers for Thanksgiving. Since my wife has an allergy to gluten, we labeled them so they are easy to distinguish. One is a brown ale, and I very uncreatively named it Harvest Brown Ale. My wife, the creative one (and also the artistic one who made the labels) named the other Red Riding Hood Fabled Gluten-Free Scottish Ale. It’s not really a Scottish Ale or an Irish Red, but it’s something in between and the name kind of fits.

The brewery name comes from our location on Tanglewood Drive, and it makes a neat sounding brewery name. If you feel inclined, give some feedback and let me know what you like or don’t like.

GFScothish_HarvestAle_Lables.JPG

great labels! where did you get the paper to print the labels on? Is there a website or store where you can find blank labels for cheap?

I actually just used 2"x4" shipping labels from Staples and printed using a landscape setup. Smaller than a commercial label, but I can still say everything I need. They will stick well, but that just means I will have to clean the bottles really well and that's a good thing anyway.

did you ever have any trouble with the labels when you were sanitizing the bottles at all?

I put the labels on after bottling, then rinse them in very hot water after I have a few empties. I take the labels off after letting them soak for a few minutes. Then I put them in a box and leave them until I need to sanitize them before next use.

When you wash the bottles, just be sure to rinse the inside well at the end to get rid of any paper or glue that may have floated in.

Back