• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Looking for cheap laser cutting & forming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yavid

Reaction score
I'd like to get some parts laser cut and formed for making 3 stainless steel burner mounts/wind screens for a brew stand I am working on. Didn't expect them to be cheap but I was shocked at how much they are going to cost locally. Just wondering if anyone out there has access to this equipment and might be willing to do a small job on the side. I will of course pay for materials and kick in something for labor.

I'd really like to horse-trade some CAD work in exchange for the cutting and forming. I am a CADD Technologist with 6 years of experience. I am proficient in both AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor. I work in the industrial sector but I often design things on the side for friends. I can currently trade CAD work for welding and machining with people I know but so far have been unable to find anyone willing to trade CAD for laser cutting in forming. Thought I'd give this site a shot.

Thanks. I just sent them an email. We'll see what they say. I have a feeling it's still going to be too costly but who knows?

What forming is needed? I have access to a cnc plasma but we dont have much in the way of forming tools.

I'd like to get some parts laser cut and formed for making 3 stainless steel burner mounts/wind screens for a brew stand I am working on. Didn't expect them to be cheap but I was shocked at how much they are going to cost locally. Just wondering if anyone out there has access to this equipment and might be willing to do a small job on the side. I will of course pay for materials and kick in something for labor.

I'd really like to horse-trade some CAD work in exchange for the cutting and forming. I am a CADD Technologist with 6 years of experience. I am proficient in both AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor. I work in the industrial sector but I often design things on the side for friends. I can currently trade CAD work for welding and machining with people I know but so far have been unable to find anyone willing to trade CAD for laser cutting in forming. Thought I'd give this site a shot.

I'm curious, what kind of price were you quoted? I'm sure you already know, but a new laser cutting machine sells for between $600K up to 1M plus, not to mention the building and people. Even a small amount of access can cost serious $ as you found out.

That said, I'd like to help out a fellow home brewer, shoot me the cad files & I'll let you know what it takes.

No. He emailed me back to say that they couldn't roll one of the parts that I needed rolled. I revised the part so that it was an octagon instead and sent it back to them but haven't heard anything since.

Latest posts

Back