What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0227.JPG

Anchorage brewing

I heard of this cider company vis-a-vis ciderchat, and while perusing the shelves at Redfield Cider Bar, I came across this lovely specimen. It's named Pioneer Pippin, but it's made largely with bra apples. Pioneer, manchurian, and wickson crabs, with Newtown Pippin. Perfect example of a semi-dry in my opinion, and has a kick-@$$ level of carbonation. The label says it was fermented in the bottle. The color is a rich, amber, I can definitely taste the pippin in it, and the finish is lingering, but clean. I expected more tannin, but, my palate is still wet behind the ears. However the acid to sweet ratio seems well balanced. Do I get a little fresh straw in the nose after a good sip? Maybe. I highly recommend trying this cider, especially if you're on the west coast. I can only dream of having the variety of apples they have over in the finger lakes! Good job!
20191222_192113.jpg

I make pretty good beer. But it’s nice when you make something that you think wow I’m good! HB RIS. It has dark syrup, brown sugar, maple syrup, cocoa powder, cocoa nibs, oak, bourbon, vanilla beans. There’s a lot going on. And you can tell. Very complex. Freaking delicious. Now that it’s fully carbonated I may age the keg for another several months but damn it’s good.
IMG_7285.JPG

I had two tonight, one Belgian and one not, that both foamed up and out as soon as the cans wet cracked. @mullett6577 is that normal for these?
I've actually only had either on tap but I don't know why they would have any problems in the can(s). I've not read or heard anything locally about MemphisMade or Wiseacre having any issues.

Guess I'll need to pick some up to test, for science, or something like that.

I've actually only had either on tap but I don't know why they would have any problems in the can(s). I've not read or heard anything locally about MemphisMade or Wiseacre having any issues.

Guess I'll need to pick some up to test, for science, or something like that.

Flavors were good but a bit dry, could tell the beer was brewed to be how it was when packaged and not for it to have fermented any further

At least if it's an extended outage you won't run out of cold storage for your beer, considering where you live.
The power has been off and on all afternoon. Our area is served by a rural electric co-op that was created in the late 1940s. This was one of the last parts of the state to get rural electrification and much of the infrastructure hasn’t been upgraded in decades.

We’ve had heavy fog since early this morning and the frost building up on the lines is causing the problem.

And now for something completely different. My new favorite IPA. Have some Psuedo Sue I’m the fridge as well for a Festivus treat.
IMG_6629.JPG

Short end of the stick, meet @pshankstar

@pshankstar meet short end of the stick.

Hey I can stay home drink beer, watch MNF and wrap presents without the fear of kids coming downstairs? Oh did I mention my wife and our friend took the kids to see a play tonight? Not my thing although I would have enjoyed the Lion King. Anyhow...

Adjustments.JPG

Damn this collab is amazing! So smooth for being 10%!! Wish I bought a 4-pack instead of splitting it with a friend. Haha

A dirty blonde I guess. Not too bad really.
Better than not too bad. Always fantastic. A dirty blonde is something some guys dream of. :p

As Michael Monroe sang back in 1984:

"A yacht and a Rolls and a private jet,
A dirty blonde in a red Corvette
Wife and kids and a house and a pet,
Those are the things that I can't get"

Back