Chest Freezer size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch101st

Reaction score
I am looking to get a chest freezer here in the next week for my kegerator project; I am wanting to run a 2 faucet tower and have 3 cornys (2 tapped, 1 on deck) in the box ALONG with a 5 lb tank, NO COLLAR.

Possible changes: tapping the 3rd, 4th on deck, upgrade to a 10 lb tank.

I live in an apartment, so space is a concern. I was looking at a 7.2 and price plus quality is also something to think about.

What do you guys suggest??

Yea, I found that right after I posted this thread...ugh.

Oh well...my SWMBO, who is 150% supportive of my hobby here is going to set me up with a chest freezer kegerator...being that she works for that big orange hardware store, she can order it for me and beat the Sams Club price by 10%...so will be going with this for about $160.00:

GE 7.0 cu. ft. at Sam's for $186.56
ChestFreezer-GE-7.0.jpg

QUOTE]

Getting the rest of the hardware next Saturday...gonna be a pilgramage to MoreBeer's facility in Concord I think...

Will document my project and post up here as it goes along.

Glad to hear SWMBO is so supportive of your hobby- looking forward to updates!

HEy : I believe that is my model. Go to post #11 in that thread. I was able to fit 4 kegs(very tight) into it. You have to remove the white wire mesh panel. It slides right out. Kegs rub each other and tough to pull out BUT they do fit. AND 4 taps are better than 3;)

All the parts are ordered and will be in by the weekend. I picked up a 5 lb tank today and so I am set...well, just have to get the beverage hoses, but other than that, I will have everything. Got my tap handles:

Picture016-1.jpg

Going with that vintage theme...the Lady Globe Schliz I paid WAAAY too much for, but it was a good year at work and decided to spend some of my bonus on that.

Back