Who Brewed What for Memorial Day???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mykel Obvious

Reaction score
Ok, just wanted to see what everyone brewed today... you DID brew, didn't you???

Well, I brewed to beat the rain today (here in North Alabama)...
So I guess I'll have to call this one "The Rainy Saison" to appease the brew gods for holding off till I finished!!!

I did a Mini-Mash (30 min. @ 152 F then raise temp to 170 F over 20 minutes)

1 lb Weyermanns Munich
.25 lb Dingemans Special B

then added

7 lbs Munton's Extra Light DME
1 lb Munton's Wheat DME
1 lb Blonde Moist Candi Sugar (Thanks to Brian from Dark Candi Inc. for that)

Hops:
1.25 oz East Kent Golding (6.2 AAU) for 60 minutes
.25 oz each of EKG, Styrian (4.9) and Saaz (3.6) 20 minutes
.50 oz each of EKG, Styrian and Saaz 1 minute

IBUs ~= 40
OG 1.075
SRM somewhere around 10ish+

Pitched 1 L starter of WLP565 Saison I and a pouch of WY4335 Lactobacillus delbrueckii @ 85 F...

And now we wait and see

:cross:

Keep your fingers crossed for me as this is my first Saison and one of my last extract batches... parts for the mash tun are here and all I have to do is get the top cut out of my keg!!!

Hoppy Brewing,
mikey

Sounds tasty!

My wife and I were planning on brewing Memorial Day all week, but our last American Hefe (1st hb ever) didnt seem ready to be racked to the secondary. So we just crossed our fingers and as luck would have it on Saturday morning the brew appeared finished with primary ferm. (8 days). So Monday morning we, racked the hefe to secondary, cracked a Bridgeport Supr!s and brewed away.

We attempted an all extract american cream ale. It was a blast.

Recipe:

OG = 1.049
IBUs = 14–16 (estimated)

Ingredients
6.0 lbs. Light dry malt extract
1.0 oz. of 4.5% aa (4.0 AAU) Tettnanger hops 60 mins
2.0 oz. of 3.5% aa (7.4 AAU) Saaz hops 2 mins
1 tsp Irish moss
Wyeast 1968 (Special London) yeast

Primary Fermentation 70F.

--
Sniklac B.C.

I brewed notta but did manage to consume 15g last week. Not all by myself of course. Brewing to commence this coming weekend and the following I suspect.

I brewed a 90 shilling scottish ale, basically a amber ale with late hop additions and an IBU of 26. WLP #028 edinburgh yeast and it smelled great. First brew with all hops being whole flowers! Can't wait to see the difference b-tween whole and pellet , if any?

As I posted in the other Memorial Day thread, I brewed up a Russian Imperial Stout. It's fermenting fairly violently in our hallway closet right now :)

I did my double brew weekend with the bitter on Sunday and the smoked porter on Monday.

BBb Bitter 5.5 gallons
7.5 lbs Maris Otter
0.5 lbs. Crystal 15
0.3 lbs. Crystal 75
2 oz. Roasted Barley

0.5 oz Target 60 min
0.75 oz EKG 15 min

Yeast: WLP-013 London Ale

OG: 1.042
SRM: 12
IBU: 28

When I brewed, I forgot the recipe was for 5 gallons and not 5.5 which I usually do, so the recipe came out with an OG of 1.042 instead of 1.050 or so. It's now in the "bitter" category instead of ESB. No worries

Pedal Tone Smoked Porter 5.5 gallons
5 lbs. 2-row
5 lbs. rauch malt
0.5 lb. Crystal 75
0.5 lb. Chocolate malt
0.25 lb. Black Patent
0.5 lb. Flaked Barley

Target 60 min
EKG 30 min
Willamette 30 min

Yeast: WLP-051 California V Ale

OG: 1.059