Michigan Reporting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k8bor

Reaction score
Sign in name is K8bor, but the name is Dave.

Starting to brew my own because 1) I couldn't always find what I wanted and 2) I got tired of paying $ 1.50 a bottle for something that had taste, and 3) I tie my own trout flies and reload my own ammo, so brewing was just sort of one more "do it myself". As you might assume, I don't care to be dependent on other people for things the way I want them.

On a lark, my wife bought me a "mr. beer" kit. I've bottled a batch of "West Coast Pale Ale" a week ago and have a batch of "English Nut Brown" fermenting right now, but am anxious to start something a little more intriguing. I'm going to open some of that pale ale this weekend and hope it tastes as good as it looks so far.

Seems to be a ton of good info here, and I wanted in.

Hi and welcome to HBT.

There is plenty on good info here to get you started and plenty of knowledgeable people to help you with any questions you might have.

Let us know how your beers turn out.

Welcome aboard Dave. I think there is a dedicated Mr Beer thread somewhere here, that was started in anticipation of all the folks who will be recieving kits for Xmas. You may want to check it out.

Odds are good that you'll soon want to progress past the "Mr Beer" level of homebrewing!

Cheers es 73 de KC6WOG!

Welcome to HBT. Where abouts in Michigan? There are many Michigan brewers here.

Good luck with your brewing!

I am a Grayling Township resident. Moved here almost 16 years ago. Needed an extra hobby to take me through the winter. I was thinking I'll have to check the wintertime temperature of the crawlspace under the house, it might be good for lagering in the winter. It certainly would be good for beer storage the whole year!

Dave

Welcome!
Last year we started a home brewers guild in Bellaire, we meet at Short's Brewing Co.

The Guild has members from Gaylord and Higgins Lake. You're welcome to attend a meeting. Check the website for times and dates. http://www.shortsbrewing.com

Yo K8bor
Shoutin out from the West Side!!!
I am still very much a novice, but this forum is an amazing place for info from some very experienced brewers.
Their WIKI is leading me to go all grain, as the home made equipment is so clearly defined in step by step format, and the posting of related questions has answered questions that to me, had not come up yet.

Welcome aboard! you will be quite pleased with your results when you progress from the Mr Beer kits :) they do a great job of teaching the fermentation side of the process which is quite important.

If you havn't yet, read www.howtobrew.com, real good info there as well as the wiki here and posting here.

As for your sample this weekend, 1 week in the bottle might lead to them being a little flat yet, so don't worry much if they are.

Back