What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mig and flux core are what I mainly weld with at my current job but ive done some stick welding in the past.

If you can't do 6011 stick AC poor fit rusty, painted mixed structural steel , all position in adverse weather then you ain't a welder. If you can, welcome bro.

While an eclectic group, there's an awful lot of smart people on here. Welders and engineers galore, profs, culinary people, military, lawyers, students: brewers all.

I dabble in a bunch of things and am a researcher / data-analysis dude.

If you can't do 6011 stick AC poor fit rusty, painted mixed structural steel , all position in adverse weather then you ain't a welder. If you can, welcome bro.

6010 on magnetized old rig casing in a Wyoming snow storm.:rockin:

we used to have a saying: "If you jump across it, you can weld it." hahaha!!

I actually contemplated making my name "bigtunahaircut" but I decided against it. I should probably name some of my brews after some funny office things. Any suggestions?

Asian Jim, an Imperial Red called Bear, Beats, Battle Star Galactica, Micheal's Carb Load, anything that has to do with Schrute Farms, Funeral for a Bird, Inane Ramblings of Creed. that's all I can think of at the moment.

Marine Corps Air Traffic Controller.

Sent from my iPhone using The tears of Viking fans.

Asian Jim, an Imperial Red called Bear, Beats, Battle Star Galactica, Micheal's Carb Load, anything that has to do with Schrute Farms, Funeral for a Bird, Inane Ramblings of Creed. that's all I can think of at the moment.

"Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race For the Cure ALE"

Mud Engineer in the Permian Basin. 2 weeks off a month to brew...don't mind if I do

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Holy crapsnack there are a lot of engineers.

I'm a business analyst. About as vague a title as you can get. I just do stuff for HR systems in the federal gov't. Essentially, I sell bits of my soul for a steady paycheck and a fat pension.

Holy crapsnack there are a lot of engineers.

I'm a business analyst. About as vague a title as you can get. I just do stuff for HR systems in the federal gov't. Essentially, I sell bits of my soul for a steady paycheck and a fat pension.

I want that job! I'll fill where my soul was with beer! :mug:

Software Engineer which means I watch TV and push buttons all day. That and a fascination with watching a wait cursor when I have brought my computer screeching halt by asking it to do more than one thing at a time.

It seems that many people in the software industry have a homebrewing hobby. I am thinking there is a link there.

I haven't always been a welder. I worked as a statistical annalist for an insurance company. office jobs are soul suckers. I can deal with that, I went to public school. but the worst are the people you work with. I got fired from that job. some guy ate my yogurt out of the fridge. I went a little berserk and beat the guy with a stapler. someone steals your food from the fridge, but you're the crazy a-hole with anger issues for beating a guy with a stapler. as it turned out, I didn't even bring yogurt. I brought a 6 pack of SN Pale Ale for lunch. come to think of it, I might have just been waiting at the dentist office. hell, I can't remember since I was really hammered. all I remember is some a-hole stealing my beer and talking about "attorney's rights" or some BS. either way, it was my worst first day ever.

Back