GE Mini Fridge Kegerator Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cacaman

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry if this question has already been answered, but i searched for it and found nothing :(.

Anyways, I found this cheap brand new GE mini fridge at Sams Club, and I was wondering if any of you all think its convertable. I know its small, but would it work? If you all think its worth the cheap price, I'll get it and start my project right away!

By the way, I only plan on doing a single tap setup, so let me know please!

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1260093&navAction=

Almost any fridge can be converted into a kegerator. You need to make sure you can actually fit a keg in it. That'd be my only concern here, that shelf thing on the bottom looks like it'll cause trouble. I'd recommend getting on craigslist and buying a used fridge for cheap. I got an old full size GE for $100 and I keep two corn kegs in it and have two taps.

Also, since i deal in corny kegs i'm not sure the dimensions on full size ones, but this looks like it'd be cutting it close.

I'm not shure put I think that fridge is too small to fit a corny. My 4.4 cf mini fridge is a pretty tight squeeze. So I would say probably not if so it would need some serious modification
-Collin

Back