6 gallon Glass Carboy $24 shipped from Amazon.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGuyRyan

Reaction score
I didn’t see any other threads about this so here we go. I just ordered 2 for $48 delivered, that’s just a few $$ more than the local store sells one for. If this has already been posted please delete.

And for those who haven’t used the subscribe and save discount with Amazon its easy just sign up, order your carboy and then go into your Amazon account under subscribe and save and cancel the plan. You still get the discounted price for the purchase. :mug:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2437790

They must be made by MoreBeer...it takes 6-7 weeks for delivery! LOL :D

I already got a delivery conformation email for my 2 that are set to arrive Thursday. So I guess a lot of people jumped on this since then. But Amazon is really good at shipping things out way earlier than the estimated wait. The last 2 items I ordered that were 6-8 weeks out arrived about 10 days later.

you got a delivery confirmation or delivery estimate?

i have an estimate that says Dec 8 - Dec 13

I already got a delivery conformation email for my 2 that are set to arrive Thursday. So I guess a lot of people jumped on this since then. But Amazon is really good at shipping things out way earlier than the estimated wait. The last 2 items I ordered that were 6-8 weeks out arrived about 10 days later.

Yea, they've jumped up to $28 now as well.

you got a delivery confirmation or delivery estimate?

i have an estimate that says Dec 8 - Dec 13

Being delivered this morning:)

FRANKLIN PARK, IL, US 12/01/2010 6:06 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
12/01/2010 5:33 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
CHICAGO, IL, US 12/01/2010 5:03 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/01/2010 3:17 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US 12/01/2010 1:12 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US 11/30/2010 10:06 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 11/30/2010 7:41 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Yep. They're carboys. Can't tell a difference in these and the ones at the LHBS. The packaging could use some help, not much cushion in there. Other than that, no complaints.

Amazon is weird with packing things. One of mine came in a box about 2X the size it needed to be and the carboy was wrapped in about 4 layers of bubble wrap and good 5" thick. Seriously you could probably bounce this thing like a basket ball and it wouldn’t break. The second box however was double boxed with just a little brown paper between the boxes and the inner box that held the carboy had no packing material at all and the box opened when I pulled it out of the outer box and the carboy almost hit the floor. But all is good and I have two new Italian carboys. One was filled about 30 minutes later and is very happy. :mug:

Had to jump on this one as well - I have a delivery estimate of 1/20-1/31 which is totally fine considering the price!

I totally agree on the odd packaging from Amazon - just an FYI that you can actually leave 'packaging feedback' to let them know how great...or oddly...they packaged your materials!

Got mine today was wrapped with a single piece of paper and smashed into a million pieces had to refuse and now they are unavailable, hope you all have better luck

mine came the same way. except mine wasn't smashed. sorry for your bad luck.

coincidentally, had mine been smashed, i wouldn't have been able to refuse. The UPS guy didn't even ring my doorbell....which I thought was strange.

Got mine today was wrapped with a single piece of paper and smashed into a million pieces had to refuse and now they are unavailable, hope you all have better luck

They are unavailable due to the poor packing and all the complaints. Did they say they were sending you another. I assume they are pulling the inventory and will repackage them hopefully bubble wrapping them then dbl boxing. I still have my renewal order set to ship another two at the end of the month unless they cancel. I was going to cancel it but since the 1st two were used the same day I could use two more.

I received my order yesterday, about 1 month earlier than the initial estimate, luckily it was in one piece but only packaged with the carboy box and a larger box surrounding it. I guess for the price some $ in patience has to be warrented

thinking about trying to order direct from http://www.paklabproducts.com/en/ViewProduct.aspx?oref=27 from canada dont know shipping though

Dern! $18 isn't a bad price! You'll pay a bunch of fees for shipping and all though. If it came UPS, they'll hit you with customs broker fees. Cheapest I've ever seen those are about $15. FedEx does the same I am pretty sure. Only way to get it to the US without that fee is Postal Service as far as I know.

Just google 'ups customs broker fee' for more. It got me the first time.

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Back