MArch Pump model AC-2CP-MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, right there in the manual linked to that page it says the max liquid temperature is 190°F. Might be one of those deals that no big user ever asked March to qualify the pump above that temperature, or it might be an actual limit...

Cheers!

Thanks, I missed the link to the manual. I wound up picking up this one instead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370602162548&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

I just took a look at that link you posted and that was a special assembly pump we made for Lang Engineering. It sour MDX-3 with no front housing. They attach out partial pump assembly to their tank unit (that white box in the pics) I dont think it was designed for boiling temps....domestic hot water doesnt realy see hotter temps then like 140* F
Our standard MDX-3 is rated to 190*F and unfortunatly theres no parts to swap it out to get higher tmeps from it...

I just took a look at that link you posted and that was a special assembly pump we made for Lang Engineering. It sour MDX-3 with no front housing. They attach out partial pump assembly to their tank unit (that white box in the pics) I dont think it was designed for boiling temps....domestic hot water doesnt realy see hotter temps then like 140* F
Our standard MDX-3 is rated to 190*F and unfortunatly theres no parts to swap it out to get higher tmeps from it...

Well that sounds like a bummer, thanks for the help though. Can I use the motor and and swap out the pump parts? I'll run a few tests with water-only either way.

I just received it today and it is bit interesting. I removed what appeared to be a built-in thermo-couple and a check-valve integrated with something else that looked like a small RIMS tube. I plan on using this to recirculate wort during the mash so 190 should be fine. I realize I don't know how well the white box will hold up but I'll give it some tests with water before I brew with it.

Walter, can I order a standard MDX-3 front housing if I need too?

Latest posts

Back