really excited but have questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choffon

Reaction score
just found a used kegerator for free that a budy is gonna give me for a 5 gal batch of beer(fair trade imo) and my dad just gave me a used mini fridge to build a fermentator for just in time for my next brew day. now my question is this. how hard is it to redo all the beer lines for the kegerator and switch it to use ball lock c kegs( and how much does that usually cost). i wasnt planning on getting a regular kegerator and would like to have it done by september 3. also most fermentor boxes i see people make a side door? does it matter if i make a top door

just found a used kegerator for free that a budy is gonna give me for a 5 gal batch of beer(fair trade imo) and my dad just gave me a used mini fridge to build a fermentator for just in time for my next brew day. now my question is this. how hard is it to redo all the beer lines for the kegerator and switch it to use ball lock c kegs( and how much does that usually cost). i wasnt planning on getting a regular kegerator and would like to have it done by september 3. also most fermentor boxes i see people make a side door? does it matter if i make a top door

1. Not hard. Just buy new disconnects. About $6.00 each disconnect plus shipping.

2. Top door is fine. Actually it's better for air retention (cold air drops) but can be a PITA for lifting kegs.

lifting kegs/carboys are no problem it gives me excercise. one other option i have is that i have a huge chest freezer that **** out on me has anyone cut the side and used a fridge to cool the freezer(frankenstein build i will be called)

Back