Stand thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazydave

Reaction score
Slowly but surely I'm getting to the point of a Brutus 10 type system and I'm at the point where I need to get my stand design finalized and get the materials to weld it together.

This stand design is a little different than most as I already have three Blichmann Top-Tier burners that I'm looking to incorporate rather than replace. All three have been converted to NG and will be fired from the control panel using Honeywell standing pilot valves.

I just finished doing the majority of the wiring on my control panel tonight, and my kegs are all converted and ready to go with RTD sensors, sight glasses, recirc ports, the works. So now it's time to focus on the stand itself!
The control panel thread can be found here for those interested.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f235/help-me-scrutinize-my-control-panel-wiring-diagram-348487/

This is what I've come up with so far. My goal is to space the burners far enough apart should I ever decide to upgrade from the keggle setup and go with something larger. I'd love to hear if anyone sees any issues with the design!

Stand51.png

Stand52.png

Stand53.png

So I've discovered one thing that may be an issue.
Is the second photo you can see the support beams that I have planned to support the kettles.
The two on the outside have a rather small gap between them and the end beams, so I could have problems welding in there, and I would most definitely have issues getting a grinder in there to clean up the welds.
So I think what I will do is reduce the width of the entire stand to make the end beams the support beams for the outer burners. I will also probably want to move my control panel a little further away to keep the heat away from it.

Any thoughts on how close will be too close for the control panel to the burner? I'd like to avoid melting wires if at all possible.

Redesigned - Now 6" less width and I moved the control panel further away from the kettles. Distance between the edge of the control panel enclosure and the kettle is about 10"

I feel that if I move it away any further I'm going to have to devise some sort of plan to make it fold-able.

Stand71.png

Stand72.png

Back