NW PA & NY Southern Tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayelvington

Reaction score
Woo hoo! I live north of Warren PA, and south of Jamestown NY. I'll be starting my first brews this winter to fill in the gaps from my hard cider efforts. (I bought a wort cooler as the only missing link)

This section of PA is pretty lame for booze in general, so I'm doing what I can to put some life into it. On the bright side, I'm a stone's throw from Southern Tier Brewing and all of the excellent offerings!

Question to the group: Can you recommend a sample set of bylaws for starting a brew club? I want to start something, but my past life has demonstrated the importance of governance for keeping a group together and moving along...

Best regards to all!

Al Yelvington
Russell, PA

Oh yeah, has anyone attempted to create a Google Map of brew clubs? It would be a better solution than the state-by-state listing that is currently up. I'm new to this area, so the place names mean nothing to me...

Check out beermapping.com, they have an iPhone app that I use every time I'm in an unfamiliar town. Enjoy your beer club! Beware of governance, I hear it doesn't always work ;-)

I live in Texas but have a cottage in Sunset bay, Irving NY. Drive up to Sheridan NY and talk to Steve at Dunkirk Homebrew. He's the owner. Little house, any grains you need and awesome atmosphere. They have a club there North Chatauqua hombrewers assoc. I stop by there whenever I can. They know the Southern tier brewers. You will dig it. Worth the drive. Look up "Dunkirk Homebrew". Steve has a night job so call before you go. Him being there is the best part.
Bart from Texas

Latest posts

Back