Reading/Lancaster/Allentown bulk HOP buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomRep

Reaction score
Hey all! This buy will be for hops only from B. Crosby hop farm. Talking to Blake, we have to gfet our total order together so I can get our actual prices and shipping. The more we order of one particular variety, the better discount we get for that hop. Shipping will more then likely be around $1.00-1.50/lb depending on our total. This will work the same way as our grain buy in that the orders will be confirmed, payment will come to me, and I will place the order. I will more then likely receive the order at my work so I can go through it right away, then we can plan either a group pickup date at my house or an individual pickup. My zip code is 19522 if you wanted and approximate distance. Hoping to take orders until next weekend (May 15), take payments the following week (May 15th-May 20th), and place the order the following week. Obviously if we have a bunch of people jumping in toward the end of the order date, the dates may be pushed back a bit. Below is a list of the hops that are available. You can go to www.bcrosbyhops.com to get some approximate prices. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Tom

T-90 Hop Pellets
VARIETY (DOMESTIC) ALPHA STATUS

Apollo® 15.0-19.0% In Stock
Bravo® 14.0-17.0% In Stock
Bullion 10.0-12.0% In Stock
Cascade 5.0-7.5% In Stock
Centennial 8.0-11.0% In Stock
Chinook 11.0-13.0% In Stock
Cluster 5.5-8.5% In Stock
Columbus 14.0-16.0% In Stock
Crystal 3.0-4.5% In Stock
Fuggle 4.0-5.5% In Stock
Galena 11.0-13.0% In Stock
Golding 4.0-5.0% In Stock
Hallertau 3.5-5.5% In Stock
Liberty 3.0-5.5% In Stock
Magnum 13.0-15.0% In Stock
Mt. Hood 5.0-8.0% In Stock
Northern Brewer 6.5-7.5% In Stock
Nugget 12.0-14.0% In Stock
Perle 7.0-9.5% In Stock
Saaz 3.5-4.5% In Stock
Sorachi Ace 13.0-15.0% In Stock
Sterling 5.5-7.0% In Stock
Summit 14.0-17.0% In Stock
Tettnang 4.0-5.0% In Stock
Willamette 4.0-6.0% In Stock

(IMPORTED)

CZ Saaz 2.0-4.0% In Stock
GR Hallertau 2.4-4.2% In Stock
UK East Kent Golding 4.0-5.5% In Stock

TOTAL POUNDS: 56

kds1398- Cascade (1), Columbus (1), Magnum (1), Northern Brewer (1), Nugget (1), Williamette (1), GR Hallertau MF (1), UK EKG (1), Centennial (2)

idratherbeinmexico- Cascade (1), Centennial (1), Magnum (1), Northern Brewer (1)

Mrott- Cascade (1), Centennial (1), Summit (1), Tettnang (1)

milldoggy- GR Hallertau (1), Golding (1), Fuggle (1), Cascade (1)

KoedBrew- Centennial (1), Summit (1), Mt. hood (1)

Dukeman9988- Cascade (1), Centennial (1), GR Hallertau (1)

o4_srt- Golding (2), GR Hallertau (1)

mjwitz- Golding (1), Tettnang (1), CZ Saaz (1), GR Hallertau (1)

GermanRockit- Golding (1), Sorachi Ace (1), Saaz (1), Williamette (1)

tieflyer- Cascade (2)

Kaz- Williamette (1), Cascade (1), GR Hallertau (1), Centennial (1), Golding (1)

mcgearybrewing- Northern Brewer (1), Cascade (1)

mn_brew- Williamette (1), Cascade (1), UK EKG (1), Centennial (1)

Driver- Cascade (1), Centennial (1), Fuggle (1), Hallertau (1), Summit (1), Tettnang (1)

1# GR hallertau
2# US goldings

Was going to go for the EKG but couldn't justify the $7 difference, especially when I read that most can't tell the difference.

Ephrata? Nice, hopefully we can arrange a pickup.

Looking forward to the next grain buy, missed out on the last one, and I'm getting sick of spending $25 for a $4 gallon batch.

milldoggy said:
7 bucks, tomrep, can you chang mine to us kent?

Yeah EKG's are just about $20 a pound on the site, US goldings are about $12 a pound. I'm glad I checked.

I don't mean to jump in on your thread, but here are some of the prices that the folks in Middle Tennessee paid. I think we added some hops later on that aren't on this list. Good luck with your buy guys.

11# Cascades @ 6.30/lb
7# Centennials @ 7.95/lb
4# Williamette @ 5.50/lb
1# US Goldings @ 10.00/lb
1# German Perle @ 10.00/lb
3# US Northern Brewer @ 7.95/lb
1# Crystal - out
2# Nugget @ 7.00/lb
2# German Hallertauer @ 10.00/lb
1# Liberty @ 10.00/lb
2# Galena @ 6.75/lb
2# Chinook @ 9.00/lb
1# Columbus @ 6.00/lb
1# Cluster @ 9.50/lb
1# US Tennanger @ 9.50/lb
2# Styrian Goldings @ 12.90/lb
1# Magnum @ 9.50/lb
CZ. Saaz is 11.75
US Fuggle is 11.25

Wow, thanks for the heads up on the prices. A lot cheaper then I thought they were going to be!
Tom

I can't guarantee that is going to be the prices that he comes up with for you guys. We were in the 40# range when I got the quote. We ended up ordering 63#.

Come on Fellas who haven't ordered...let's get some more hops ordered to get the price down. You know you'll use them :)

mn_brew- i got your request, just haven't gotten to an actual computerto add it to the list. This weekend turned out to be massively busy former with being in a wedding yesterday and having a birthday party today. I will email Crosby tomorrow and get a total quote. Ill also post up the prices we are quoted in case anyone wants to add to their order.
Tom

Counting mn_brew's hops we are actually up to 49 pounds by my counting!

Tom if no one else orders I will buy another pound to round it out to 50. But I say we get them ordered I got plans for these hoppies!!

Actually, we're at 50 lbs. I was getting a pound of hops from someone that I never added. I will e-mail Crosby today to see what prices we can get.
Tom

TomRep,

I realize I'm late to the game, and I apologize, but in the chance it's not too late I would like to request:

1 - Cascade
1 - Centennial
1 - Fuggle
1 - Hallertau
1 - Summit
1 - Tettnang

Thanks either way for organizing!

The more the merrier for this buy! This isn't a deal where we need "X" amount of bags to fill a pallet or anything like that. keep the orders coming! However, I did recieve an e-mail from Blake about our order so far. I will post the message below.
Tom

Hey Tom,
Cascade- 9 @ $6.95/lb ( I can do 11 lb bag for $6.30/lb)
Columbus- 1 @ $6.00/lb
Centennial- 8 out (big run on this lately - hopefully getting some more in next week, check back)
Magnum- 2 @ $9.50/lb
Northern brewer- 3 @ $8.95/lb
Nugget- 1 @ $8.00/lb
Williamette- 4 @ $5.50/lb
GR Hallertau- 6 @ $10.00/lb
UK EKG- 2 @ $14.95/lb
Summit- 2 @7.00/lb
Tettnang- 2 @ $9.50/lb
Golding- 5 @ $11.00/lb
Fuggle- 1 @ $10.00/lb
Mt. hood-1 @ $11.00/lb
CZ Saaz- 1 @ $11.50/lb
Sorachi Ace- 1 out
Saaz- 1 - out

Our next best pricing starts when we get up to 11 lb bags (for instance if you can get 2 more lbs of Cascade we can save you some more money) Shipping UPS Ground - $ 58.34 (assuming around 50 lbs of product)
Thanks Tom

Blake

It's basically the shipping price divided by the amount of hops we order. $58.34/56lbs= $1.04/lb to ship. For instance if you order 6lbs, your shipping price will be $6.24.
Tom

Hey Tom,
Centennial- 8 out (big run on this lately - hopefully getting some more in next week, check back)
Blake

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Say it isn't so. Say it isn't so. I was looking forward to the centennial the most out of my order.

Fingers crossed on more coming in next week.

Also, I'm guessing that the other centennial is yours, right?

kds1398- Cascade (1), Columbus (1), Magnum (1), Northern Brewer (1), Nugget (1), Williamette (1), GR Hallertau MF (1), UK EKG (1), Centennial (2)

You are correct, so I'm bummed too! He did say they might be in next week so we could let this ride and additional week. you guys gotta let me know what you want to do.
Tom

I have Centennial in my list, I have no problem waiting an extra week if not, I'll switch it out for something else.

Back