Nhc 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So after brewing now for many years, I'm going to my first NHC. I'm fairly excited about it. Luckily I was able to book the last two nights at the Sheraton where it is held (18th and 19th), but will have to stay some where else for the 16th and 17th. I guess the hotel block booked out fairly quick.

I registered Sunday, and booked my flights, so I am committed. I convinced my brother to go to. I got him brewing about a year ago. I don't know if I will enter any beers in to the competition,but I will probably try to bring some beers. I plan on attending many of the seminars.

Who else is going?

Oh, good! I'm looking forward to meeting you! I hope we have a big group of HBTers- it's so much fun actually meeting each other after getting to "know" each other here on the forum.

I felt like old friends with everybody right away and I think most people I met felt the same. Really, I think that homebrewers as a rule are a pretty great group of easygoing people. And funny! Whenever I've had a get-together with any HBTers, I've laughed so hard that my jaws hurt the next day.

I'm there for Tuesday- Sunday, so I'll definitely be around!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f88/2010-aha-homebrewing-conference-minneapolis-144520/

I wish I could make it out this year, I have never gone!

So what is everybody planning on entering in the competition? I feel like if your going to be entering you should have something fermenting already and probably almost ready to bottle by now. With only my 2nd ever batch in the primary I'm not sure If I will be entering anything, though it is my own recipe. The beer should be ready by mid march so I just might send a bottle for the fun of it, just to get some feedback I guess. Besides you never know, somebody just might end up liking what I've made as much as I do!

I am going with some guys from my homebrew club, I have the room booked and my ticket payed for, this will be my 1st NHC and am planning on entering some beers in the comp. Hope to meet some of you guys there.

I'll be there too! Look for the guy with a big beer belly.

That will narrow it down quite a bit. I bet only 3/4 of the attendees are guys with big beer bellies.

I'm the middle aged girl that is constantly talking to everybody within a 6 foot radius. If I'm not talking, I'm laughing. There aren't as many women in the conferences, so I should be easier to spot.

Back