Logo Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine. I still want to add some color to it. If any talented people out there that would like to give it a try I would be delighted.
apperatus_logo_draft.jpg

Using this method:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/diy-custom-crown-caps-103859/
I reverse the image, print them on heavyweight paper spaced in a MS Word table with just over 1"x1" cells (1 cell per image). I print the sheets of images, cut them out into 1x1" squares, put the goop on the caps, apply the square image to the cap, let it dry, gently rub it off under running water (getting about 70% working, with the other 30% not transferring correctly). Let it dry, spray with sealer.

Hardest part is getting most of the goop off the image without rubbing the small serif stuff off the font.

Thanks for the link...that is one of the coolest things I've seen!

-Tripod

IWB-Black.jpg

This logo is related to my Lithuanian heritage.
The Legend of the Founding of Vilnius (Vilnius is the capital city of Lithuania)

"Legend has it that the Grand Duke of Lithuania, Gediminas, was hunting in the sacred forest near the Valley of Šventaragis. Tired after the successful day's hunt, the Grand Duke settled in nearby for the night. He fell soundly asleep and began to dream. A huge Iron Wolf was standing on top a hill and the sound of hundreds of other wolves inside it filled all of the surrounding fields and woods. Upon awakening, the Duke asked the pagan priest Lizdeika to interpret the meaning of the dream. And the priest told him: "What is destined for the ruler and the State of Lithuania, is thus: the Iron Wolf represents a castle and a city which will be established by you on this site. This city will be the capital of the Lithuanian lands and the dwelling of their rulers, and the glory of their deeds shall echo throughout the world"

Work in progress. The dog is done, but I'm still playing with typography. I have a horizontal and circular version that I'm messing around with.

bb-circular.jpg

and

bb-horizontal.jpg

Here is mine. I still want to add some color to it. If any talented people out there that would like to give it a try I would be delighted.
apperatus_logo_draft.jpg

I really like your logo, however, I feel the barrel should be much bigger to convey the STRONG ARM. Just a thought. Really do like it though.

Really like this thread, as a knew brewer, I am looking for ideas for my own logo. I can't wait to see everyone else's.

Got the nickname from my sister while she was working retail.

bnbc-bn.jpg

If the link doesn't work, copy/paste it into your browser.

Here is my logo.
3RBLogo-2.jpg

You know, I was just looking at this logo again, and realized if you took the three rats and turned them 90 degrees clockwise (as a group), it would form a '3'... (right now it's sort of a W... if you get what I mean)
Not really sure how to incorporate that into you logo, just figured I'd throw it out there for consideration.

You know, I was just looking at this logo again, and realized if you took the three rats and turned them 90 degrees clockwise (as a group), it would form a '3'... (right now it's sort of a W... if you get what I mean)
Not really sure how to incorporate that into you logo, just figured I'd throw it out there for consideration.

Yeah I've seen that too Socia. Maybe I'll go home tonight and see if I can incorporate that somehow, though it could be a pretty big overhaul. The hops and barely have always kind of bothered me (though I do like the use of them to "round out" the logo). Maybe it's time for them to go.

Perhaps eventually I'll get enough name recognition that I could just go by "3RB". The rotated rats would work perfectly for that version :)

Maybe it the logo was more egg/oval shaped (tall, not wide), and the hops/barley was the bottom half of the circle, and 'Rat Bastards Brewery' was the top, with the three (and three rat heads) in the middle? Just an idea, and good luck with the revisions.

Here is my first draft of my logo. I choose the Ouroboros because when I discovered real beer for what it was I was starting my life over and since then my life has been so different. I would be lying if I said beer had nothing to do with the changes that have occurred in my life since my divorce.

For those of you who are not into mythology the Ouroboros is symbolic of the cycles of live and regeneration - The endless replenishing of life and need to return to the beginning in order for the next generation to live.

Ouroboros_copy.jpg

Edit: This is a fast rendering to give myself somewhere to start. I consider myself to be somewhat of an artist and this is by no means the final copy.

Here is my first draft of my logo. I choose the Ouroboros because when I discovered real beer for what it was I was starting my life over and since then my life has been so different. I would be lying if I said beer had nothing to do with the changes that have occurred in my life since my divorce.

For those of you who are not into mythology the Ouroboros is symbolic of the cycles of live and regeneration - The endless replenishing of life and need to return to the beginning in order for the next generation to live.

Ouroboros_copy.jpg

Edit: This is a fast rendering to give myself somewhere to start. I consider myself to be somewhat of an artist and this is by no means the final copy.

I like it. I think it would either really pop, or look really childish, if it was like the shining elven font on the lord of the rings'... ring. You know what I mean? (like this http://www.recordingworkshop.com/images/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-One-Ring-3D-Screensaver_2.jpg)

Wow, there are some awesome logos in this thread. I like my brewery name and now I need to work on a logo for sure.

ebccolorlogo.png

Hmmm.... does somebody play Warcraft?

Negative.
The wife refers to me as being "a bull in a china shop" all the time. And the cartoon also bears a striking resemblance. (Thanks again to the talented artist :mug:)

First draft of what i'm thinking of. Ill work on a color version a bit later. but i am really liking the simple Black and White.

LaPlaya_logo_copy.jpg

What do you guys think of this?

Black_Grouse_Brewing_-_India_Pale_Ale_Label_1.jpg

Nothing commercial or anything, thaught Id make something for the friends and family.

What do you guys think of this?

Nothing commercial or anything, thaught Id make something for the friends and family.

I like it, busy, but interesting. I'd suggest saving the file as something else in the image software. The graininess reminds me of a jpg saved as a gif or bmp? Is this right?

I like it, busy, but interesting. I'd suggest saving the file as something else in the image software. The graininess reminds me of a jpg saved as a gif or bmp? Is this right?

looks like the poster edges filter in Photoshop to me.

Came up with this:
joam.jpg

Planning on using the centre for the name of the drink.

I like the concept you are going for... My only critique is the white fonts get lost on white backgrounds so "YSTRADGYNLAIS" and "2009" are nearly unreadable. And old trick to solve this is to give the white fonts a black border around the individual letters. The white still "pops" out when used in contrast of a dark background but the border makes it stand out on light-colored back grounds.

Same with "Nantel Brewing"...give the light fonts a dark border and you'll achieve much sharper contrast. I'm at work so I can't provide an example but I'm sure if you look around you'll see what I am describing...

Hope that helps!

-Tripod

Found an example from the Kitteh threads...

funny-pictures-kitten-is-confused.jpg

See how "Dude..." is a white font with a black border? The "..." portion doesn't get lost over the white fur of the stoned kitteh...;)

-Tripod

logo-2.gif

Crappy. But I'm not a graphics guy.

Besides, now we've added a fourth Greyhound, I gotta go change everything. [sigh]

Maybe I'll just change everything and go in a completely different direction...

logo-1.gif

Whaddaya think?

Bob

Thanks for the critique Tripod!
I'll have a look at those letters again, probably the black border around the white would look pretty good. I found it hard to make the writing stand out from that picture in any colour or font.

Back