Recipe help!!! dough in t minus 20 min

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEPABREWER

Reaction score
I bought an 8.8 lb container of hefe LME and have decided to make 2 batches instaed of one big one. I have 1 lb of munich and i lb of wheat malt as well as some flaked wheat and honey. Can I get enough fermentables out of 4.5 lbs of LME and .5 wheat malt .5lb of munich and 1lb of honey? or will I have another batch of hefelite on my hands? Please advise - should I go BIG or brew 2 batches?

NEPABREWER said:
I bought an 8.8 lb container of hefe LME and have decided to make 2 batches instaed of one big one. I have 1 lb of munich and i lb of wheat malt as well as some flaked wheat and honey. Can I get enough fermentables out of 4.5 lbs of LME and .5 wheat malt .5lb of munich and 1lb of honey? or will I have another batch of hefelite on my hands? Please advise - should I go BIG or brew 2 batches?

In promash, I get about a 1.043 OG with the 4.5 lbs of LME and the adjuncts. For a wheat, it looks just about right.

thanks I didn't see your re in time so I went with my gut and did one big batch sample was 1.065 and its bubbling like a mofo today so all is good.

Back