HI! :) Newbie wanting to make my own beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyHomebrew

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a 27 year old woman in Fort Collins, CO looking to get into the Homebrew scene. I want to impress my friends (mostly guys who already homebrew) by getting my own home kit started without their help! I don't know much but I do know that if they help me set it up it will be there project not mine and they will try to drink all the beer!
Thanks,
Lucy:mug:

Awesome. Another chick! I got into it for the same reasons and so far so good. I really love this board and all of the help I've gotten.

welcome from NE VT.

What info are you seeking exactly? This is the place to find info so ask away, specifics that is...

Welcome to HBT LucyHomebrew! :mug:

If you are ever in the Denver area, let us HBTrs know. There are a few of us here that are always looking to meet other people from the board.

You will have no trouble at all brewing on your own. All the guys will be impressed when you let them try your excellent home brew!:rockin:

I want to brew girlie beers with some flavor. Light but tasty. Maybe an IPA or something like Mothership Wit, New Belgiums organic wheat. I really would like to know the equipment that works without asking my friends too much or looking lame at the barley and wine shop in town.

Welcome to HBT Lucy! Glad to have another female on board.
Have you purchased equipment yet? There is a lot of information on the stickies in the beginner forum including good web sites on where and what to order.
Don't be shy asking questions here, we got your back so you won't sound lame when talking to your friends.

Hi,
I'm a 27 year old woman in Fort Collins, CO looking to get into the Homebrew scene. I want to impress my friends (mostly guys who already homebrew) by getting my own home kit started without their help! I don't know much but I do know that if they help me set it up it will be there project not mine and they will try to drink all the beer!
Thanks,
Lucy:mug:

Welcome to the hobby Lucy! You might gather some advice here and the head over to "Hops and Berries" here in town to pick up your supplies. They are a great local shop. Happy brewing!

Back