OMG! I've Discovered IPA's !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a lover of dark beers, I was naive enough to equate India PALE Ale with something pilsner-like and didn't give it a chance for more years than I want to admit and stuck with my porters and stouts. A co-worker got me hooked during a business trip four years ago and while it was definitely an acquired taste, it's now my go to and I'm a bonafide hop head.

Twenty years ago, when you ordered an IPA, you got a fizzy yellow beer that was all bite and zero flavor. Thankfully, that has changed and there is so much variety out there....so much so that our Europeans brothers are now brewing American style IPAs.
The fact that I can't buy American IPAs in Germany is the sole reason I started home brewing! I can buy a halfway decent lager, wheat or pilsner at any gas station here. IPA I'd have to mail order and pay through the nose.

One bad thing about IPA's is the high ABV. With my small frame, I can only enjoy a few!

What I need is lots of hops with a lower ABV.

One bad thing about IPA's is the high ABV. With my small frame, I can only enjoy a few!

What I need is lots of hops with a lower ABV.

Just need to find a session IPA.
I am planning on brewing one up next week with Challenger and Citra with a 60IBU and an abv of 4%.

Really simple to build and cheap to brew up, the issue is commercially I don't know of any available.

Atlantic Farms just made a Double IPA chapstick that rocks! You can get your hop fix while at the office :)

Back