Control panel for natural gas fed direct fire Rims

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zwehagen

Reaction score
I need help with my control panel that will be running a Brutus 10 build.

I would like to have the same timer functions as Kal has designed into “The Electric Brewery” but use the Auber ASL-51 instead of the Omega PTC-20 in a natural gas fed direct fire Rims system.

Questions
1. Is it possible to run a timer when running the pid in on/off mode
2. Which pid is better to use in this situation Auber 2352 or 2362 or… Or does in not matter

sorry if these are newbie questions but I'm really stuck and can't find the answers anywhere

You might check their website, but I think the 2352 and 2362 are similar, except the 2352 has only a 12v output. The 2362 has both a relay and SSR. If you are controlling a heating element, you will need a SSR. Of course you could use a 2352 and supply a separate SSR.

What exactly do you want the timer to do or control? Do you want it to turn off the burner after a certain amount of time? Or just sound a buzzer and/or light so you know it's time for the next step?

first thanks for the replies guys.

Besides triggering a buzzer and light when a certain time is reached I would also like to be notified when i hit a particular temp., e.g. when my strike temp is hit or just before wort begins to boil.

Back