First batch, first label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purebloom

Reaction score
You can follow my progress on my first batch. I'm guessing it's going to be pretty horrible. I managed to mess it up (after everyone told me it was as easy as making mac and cheese). Hahaha... who knows, I'll let you know if it's any good in a couple weeks.

Anyway, I came up with an idea for a label. I think the red colors should be green colors though, because it seems that a lot of IPA labels I have seen tend to be green (Red Hook, Sierra Nevada). Where as the red makes me think of something more like Killian's.

ipalabelcopy.jpg

Oh, I like it a lot, as well.

Keep the red - nothing says IPAs need to be green. Looks really, really good as-is. I've become a fan of "less is more" lately.

I like the label, looks good. I would say an IPA was probably a decent choice for a first brew. The agressive hop flavors may tend to cover up some of the more common newb issues such as offflavors due to high-temps, etc.

Anyway, I also say keep the red...

Red is an aggressive color, so it would seem to fit an IPA (in my mind anyhow) better than green.

Nice label!

Thanks everyone for your comments on my label! I appreciate it. It has been shrunk down a bit to post on here, but if my beer actually turns out drinkable and I get these labels done I'll post some pictures of them on the bottles.

Anyone know of any sticker vendors that don't have a limit you have to meet and that are affordable? I think vinyl stickers would be awesome. Has anyone tried this?

Purebloom said:
Anyone know of any sticker vendors that don't have a limit you have to meet and that are affordable? I think vinyl stickers would be awesome. Has anyone tried this?

www.stickerguy.com has good prices, but your colors are limited. There are probably a million other people out there making stickers, but the setup price of screenprinting doesn't allow for 'cheap' and 'full color' in the same sentence.

That label rocks man, good job!
Even if the beer doesn't come out as planned at least it will look good sitting on the table..

I'm a noob to this but where do you get stock to make labels..can I get label supplies at HB store...?

I read the original post about this beer... and I laughed... you could turn this into a short story.

The label looks great AS IS.

Tony

Beer is all bottled and now I'm waiting. I'm thinking labeling ideas now.

Anyone use the avery shipping stickers? Do you use hairspray to prevent from color leaking?

I think I may go this route.

I use regular paper and a glue stick as I found the avery stickers really hard to get off. You're gonna have to put some effort in somewhere and personally I find the effort of gluing them on less of a pain than the effort in scraping them off.

As far as using hairspray, I haven't tried that and i have not had any trouble with colors running until it's time to crack the bottle open.

Back