Paging all cheeseheads!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiery Sword

Reaction score
So what do we think about this Sunday's Patriots/Packers matchup? Where are all the Brett apologists?!!?!?

Anyone willing to wager some homebrew? There is no way the Pats lose. :D

I forgot about this....

Walker-san and I had a wager on the Pats-Bengals game. He lost, so he sent me three homebrews, I sent him one (I netted two). He also had to change his avatar to Tom Brady on the cover of GQ for a week, and change his sig to "Boy, the_Bird's a genius, and I'm a friggin' idiot..."

Lots of fun. There's an old thread "The Wager" with the specifics.

I'm taking bets on this game, as well - and Todd_K and other Bears fans - your turn is NEXT!

Fiery Sword said:
So what do we think about this Sunday's Patriots/Packers matchup? Where are all the Brett apologists?!!?!?

Anyone willing to wager some homebrew? There is no way the Pats lose. :D

Apologize for what? Any problem the Pack has had this year hasn't been at QB.
Porous secondary? Check.
Receiving Corps decimated by injury? Check.
Bubba Franks can't catch? Check.
Quarterback? Rock Solid.

Yeah, the Patsies probably will win this weekend, they're a better team than this years Pack, no question. Then again the Jets should have been a pushover, too.

the_bird said:
I'm taking bets on this game, as well - and Todd_K and other Bears fans - your turn is NEXT!

I'll take some of that Bears action. What do you got for when the Bears demolish Peter Brady's offense?

c'mon, twolf! what kind of reaction am i going to get pointing out that the secondary is as lose as a taco bell stool?? it's old man brett that's holding you back big picture and you know it. <evil grin>

Wow it takes a strong man to wager some home brew the week that they play a below 500 team as opposed to the last three weeks when they played a team above 500 or next week. Way to go out on a limb. I don't partake in these deals because I don't bottle. My weak answer for your weak stipulation.

Dude's rant will begin in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1......

Regarding the Bears-Pats game, again, I will bet, but not this week. With my luck the entire offense would get hurt this week and I wouldn't get to take any of bird's beer from him.
Besides, I don't think I want to risk mailing my Hop Rod Rye clone.... you may get a very wet package and an empty bottle.

sause has never hear of odds, aparently. regardless, wasn't it once impossible for the away team to win @ lambeau? what happened?

<this was more meant as unfinished business from some favre bashing.>

sause said:
Wow it takes a strong man to wager some home brew the week that they play a below 500 team as opposed to the last three weeks when they played a team above 500 or next week. Way to go out on a limb. I don't partake in these deals because I don't bottle. My weak answer for your weak stipulation.

I'm hoping this comment wasn't sent in my direction, because I took the Pats straight-up against the Bengals when they were six point underdogs. :D

the_bird said:
I'm hoping this comment wasn't sent in my direction, because I took the Pats straight-up against the Bengals when they were six point underdogs. :D

No, I applaud any one who takes a fair wager, but to only pipe up when your team has an obvious advantage is typical of fair weather fans. It's like I only bet on Notre Dame when they play Navy, or Florida when they play Kentucky. Wimps, odds or not. And you didn't try to provoke random people in to betting by bashing one of their players. I just hate when a "fan" starts talking when they are playing a worse team. But when they have a good chance to lose they don't say sh*t. It just makes me mad.

The last thing on my mind this Sunday is the Packer game. Deer hunting opens Sat, so the Pack gets trumped this week. I even had first dibs on four tix on the 30, and turned them down. :)

Dude's been quiet so I'll rant on his behalf :p

Some random QB and Team fun facts:

Passer Rating (win-loss)
01 Manning (9-0)
10 Brunell (3-6)
11 Brady (6-3)
12 Grossman (8-1)
17 Favre (4-5)
28 Plummer (7-2)

Total Yards (win-loss)
03 Manning 2527 (9-0)
07 Favre 2295 (4-5)
08 Grossman 2095 (8-1)
10 Brady 2054 (6-3)
16 Brunell 1789 (3-6)
22 Plummer 1595 (7-2)

Total Touchdown/Interceptions (% TD to Int ratio)
Manning 18/3 (16%)
Brunell 8/4 (50%)
Favre 13/7 (53%)
Brady 15/9 (60%)
Grossman 17/11 (64%)
Plummer 10/10 (100%)

Total Offense
02 Indianapolis
07 Green Bay
11 New England
13 Chicago
16 Washington
19 Denver

Total Defense
01 Chicago
09 New England
13 Denver
16 Indianapolis
22 Green Bay
30 Washington

-----------

Looks like defense really does win championships. The key one which was why everyone was hammering on Favre last year was TD/Int ratio. I see no fault in Favre with his play this year and I'd still rather see his td/int ratio down. But I bet NE and CHI would say the same seeing as your guys are worse than Brett YTD.

Yep, NE I fully would bet will win but for the defensive reasons...

sause said:
No, I applaud any one who takes a fair wager, but to only pipe up when your team has an obvious advantage is typical of fair weather fans. It's like I only bet on Notre Dame when they play Navy, or Florida when they play Kentucky. Wimps, odds or not. And you didn't try to provoke random people in to betting by bashing one of their players. I just hate when a "fan" starts talking when they are playing a worse team. But when they have a good chance to lose they don't say sh*t. It just makes me mad.

I think he's just playing around because Dude has shown a tendancy, let's say, to quickly take the bait when it comes to Favre. I'm pretty sure he said that HBT got blocked at work, otherwise I'm sure he'd be chiming in right about now. In any case, I didn't perceive any ill malice on Sword's part, just playing around and trying to start some good-natured sh*t.

Hell, it would have been me if I'd been paying attention to the schedule!

Sorry for speaking up the dissapearing - indeed the reins on internet adventuring at work have been tightened up - but hey, who tightens the reins? Yes, it IT guy. And who is there to tighten the reins on the IT guy? Also correct, no one! muuhahaha! :D

No seriously, I was down on Cape Cod for the weekend and didn't have access to the 'net to chime in, so thanks Bird for the block. You're right tho - I was more just rattling Favre cages (mainly the Dude, who successfully pulled a Heismann on this bait :) ) - I in fact have a ton of respect for the guy. I hope the injury isn't as bad as it seemed.

On to Da Bears though.....on the new rug at Gillette (?!?!?!!). I hear the NFL was moving this game to 4.....and possible 8. Anyone hear this for sure?

Back