Probes for STC-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the STC, I've got a Dwyer/Love, but probes are easy to make.

two thin wires from your controller, soldered onto one of these
TO-92-3(StandardBody),TO-226_straightlead_sml.jpg
(568-1003-ND) (99 cents) (skip the middle leg)

from Digi-Key , a little insulation to prevent the wires from touching, and drop it into a hobby-shop brass tube, seal both ends with epoxy

(or get a beautiful SS one from Brewer's Hardware).

I don't have the STC, I've got a Dwyer/Love, but probes are easy to make.

two thin wires from your controller, soldered onto one of these
TO-92-3(StandardBody),TO-226_straightlead_sml.jpg
(568-1003-ND) (99 cents) (skip the middle leg)

from Digi-Key , a little insulation to prevent the wires from touching, and drop it into a hobby-shop brass tube, seal both ends with epoxy

(or get a beautiful SS one from Brewer's Hardware).

Thanks. I noticed these are PTC and the stock probe for the STC-1000 is an NTC....I just wasn't sure if ANY NTC could be used or if there were differnt specs that would effect calibration/accuracy with the given controller.

Glad I could point ya in the right direction. Now if digi-key would only offer first class usps shipping for 2 bucks on a 1oz probe we would be set ;)
Thanks to Ibanous for the great info and taking the time/effort/money to test these things out! Guys like him that make this forum what it is today!
Hope your build goes as planned helibrewer (my stc-1000 should be here friday)!

Have a great weekend.
Neil

Glad I could point ya in the right direction. Now if digi-key would only offer first class usps shipping for 2 bucks on a 1oz probe we would be set ;)

USPS shipping is an option about 2/3 down the list -
Digi-Key has always been extremely reasonable on their shipping - like a buck or two...on small parts like this

Thanks to Ibanous for the great info and taking the time/effort/money to test these things out! Guys like him that make this forum what it is today!
Hope your build goes as planned helibrewer (my stc-1000 should be here friday)!

Have a great weekend.
Neil

Thanks! I have two setup now and two more on the way. I wanted extra probes so I could move the controllers around a little easier by leaving probes in place.

Back