Nitrogen System - Best price for a new system??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
I'm not having much luck finding a nitrogen setup for any less than 290 bones from the keg connection. If I have to bit the bullet I will, but was wondering if anyone had the hookup on a full system at a better price? :tank:

Just a tip, check locally to make sure you have a source for beergas before dropping the coin for a system. It's not available everywhere.

Do you have an extra CO2 cylinder? Airgas took mine plus 5 bucks in trade for a nitrogen cylinder. It was about 15 bucks to have it filled with beer gas so I was out about 20 bucks plus whatever I paid for the CO2 cylinder originally.

There you go. That'll save you a bit. All you need now is a CGA580 regulator, a stout faucet, and some beer line and fittings. CHI had a bro deal on a stout fauct recently but I ended up getting one from BMW as I threw it in on another order.

You can call up the guys at keg connection and have them remove the nitrogen cylinder from the kit. I just did this last month. Don't quote me on this but I think it was $240 without the cylinder.

You can call up the guys at keg connection and have them remove the nitrogen cylinder from the kit. I just did this last month. Don't quote me on this but I think it was $240 without the cylinder.

Got the full kit for $280 w/ the cylinder. I was thinking about piecing something together, but had second thoughts about it and just ordered the full kit. I'm getting to the age where I value my time more than I value my moola :)

You can use a regular CO2 regulator with an adapter. Check ebay for a faucet. The Guinness ones are usually overpriced, but you can often find a Caffrey's, Murphy's, Boddingtons, etc. Even "stout tap" produces pretty good results.

You can come in under that with better components (IMO) from beverage factory. That's my plan anyway. I forgot to add the shank, but an SS shank is another $20 or so. Then you don't have any chrome plated BS touching your beer.

Cart.png

Back