Advice Needed On Sparkling Wine Corker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibishop

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to see if someone could give me advice on the following. I'm investing in a floor standing corker and was interested in the Ferrari Champagne Corker primarily as it would allow me to cork sparkling wine bottles as well as beer bottles with the optional capper.

I've been advised by the brew shop though that it can only cork champagne corks up to 29mm diameter. I was told that a customer tried a 31mm cork and broke the corker.

This lead me to research on the net to determine the typical champagne cork sizes available but I have found it very difficult finding suppliers.

I notice a lot of homebrew shops sell the caps and wire cages specifically for natural corks but not the corks themselves.

Can anyone advise where I can get corks from and if the champagne corker is worthy over the regular cork model?

I'd prefer natural corks over the plastic champagne corks but if the champagne corker isn't that great to use, I'll just stick to plastic.

Thanks in advance for your help

Ian

Back