Failed Hard Cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
Its been about a month since I started my hard cider, I started with an OG of 1.060 and a month later its only at 1.056, an AC of .53 My dog couldnt even get a buzz from this!

It doesnt taste to bad, but I was hoping for at least 3.2

Luckily it was only a gallon, I bottled it into 2 liter bottles and carbed it. will be havin some kids beer tomarrow, LOL

My three gallon batch seems to be fermenting alot better, It is at a higher elevation in the house. the temp seems to be 10 degrees different, from floor(70) to ceiling (80) I wonder if this helps?:rockin:

sounds like a severe case of the sorbates. is this made from bottled juice, and if so does the juice contain preservatives?

sounds like a severe case of the sorbates. is this made from bottled juice, and if so does the juice contain preservatives?

Yes bottled, It used vitamin c for the preservative, i was told that that was ok. The other stuff Is taking off, same MFG bigger batch and higher ferm temp.

Back