no time for brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrk305

Beer Dude in the Sunset
Reaction score
Got home from work today about 3:20
put water on the stove for mash and made a few phone calls
got everything ready.. propane, cooler with idophor, tv tray with hops & yeast & irish moss, matches, oven mit, scissors, etc
added water to cooler and grains, then started to rack last weeks batch to secondary
stirred a few times and checked temp, then had to take my daughter to drivers ed by 5:00
got home and batch sparged three times, drained cooler and went to daycare to pick up 4 year old by 6:00
started burner on low heat, made some cornbread, then cranked up the burner to get the boil started
my wife got home around 6:45 and I was just adding hops and getting boil stabalized. We had dinner, and my wife said she wanted to work out... no problem.
7:35 I was adding my chiller, irish moss and hops
7:45 more hops for 5 minutes
7:50 hooked up the hose for the chiller
7:55 left to pick up daughter at drivers ed with the 4 year old... water running through chiller
8:15 stirred for a few minutes to reach 72
8:35 I was done... cleaned up, and done
5 hours and 15 minutes, but in the car for over an hour counting the three trips I made

time to SBRDAHB

Wow.... I got exhusted just by reading your post. There is really something to be said with not having kids. Can't say I wanted it that way, but thats how life is sometimes.

NICELY DONE by the way!

.... and I had dinner with the family, and airlock activity by 10:00! I added maybe 6oz. of trudge from what I racked to secondary. Sometimes you just have to brew.

I missed my weekend brew time by picking up a chest freezer on Saturday, and when I got home my hose was frozen. Sunday I went to University of Georgia to visit my 19 year old daughter.

mrk305 said:
.... and I had dinner with the family, and airlock activity by 10:00! I added maybe 6oz. of trudge from what I racked to secondary. Sometimes you just have to brew.

I missed my weekend brew time by picking up a chest freezer on Saturday, and when I got home my hose was frozen. Sunday I went to University of Georgia to visit my 19 year old daughter.

Now that is just bragging :tank:

Very impressive. I had issues with frozen hoses when I was brewing this past weekend as well. They both came inside for a couple of hours to warm up... SWMBO loved that.

You know, I would expect frozen hoses in Ohio, but I am in Georgia!

( and so is SWMBO, and I ain't bringin' no hose pipes in the house with her around )

..... and yes, here in the south, the actually call garden hoses "hose pipes"

You know, I would expect frozen hoses in Ohio, but I am in Georgia!

( and so is SWMBO, and I ain't bringin' no hose pipes in the house with her around )

..... and yes, here in the south, the actually call garden hoses "hose pipes"

Back