Question about Fermentech Autosiphon..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrooZer

Reaction score
So i used this to rack from my primary to secondary last weekend. It comes with a black cap on the end that keeps the level of suction off of the last 3/4 inch or so of the bucket. The black cap is optional.

I was wondering if using this aerated/oxeygenated my beer. Any thoughts??

BrooZer said:
So i used this to rack from my primary to secondary last weekend. It comes with a black cap on the end that keeps the level of suction off of the last 3/4 inch or so of the bucket. The black cap is optional.

I was wondering if using this aerated/oxeygenated my beer. Any thoughts??

Only if you splashed it into your carboy. If you put the siphon tube all the way into the bottom of the carboy, you should have no problem with unwanted aeration. The little trub-guard makes no difference. (But it's easy to lose--mine has been missing for a while.)

JimiGibbs said:
I agree. No problems at all with mine but Cweston is right. After a couple removals for cleaning that little black thing is hard to keep up with.

Maybe it got lost in the trub. I found the bottom half of the black grommet on the bucket fermentors in my primary yeast cake.

Back