Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the main page has a bullet that says:

• If you wish to leave this league, you can delete this team.
it makes no mention that this must be done before the draft.

i can't do this easily. i can create a second team and everything, but it's trying to use the same draft rankings that I have set up for my 'real' team.

I think we're going to miss our draft.

WHAT THE F*CK?

I'm testing my systems for compatibility, they are all failing. I've installed the flash player. I'm at work because my internet at the house went out this morning. F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK!

Dammit. Looks like it's a firewall issue, and since I can't frickin' connect at the house, I'm hosed. F*ck. And, I haven't pre-ranked any of my players.

He's the commish, right? If we have one too many team, does it make sense to have him drop the last person who joined?

I'd have my wife set up a team and play, but we're SOOL at the house (and I still can't tell if I can connect to the draft from here or not, the testing button is gone).

Dammit, what's the story? Postpone the draft until next week?

i'm being called to the dinner table.

if this thing looks like it's going to go down, somebody send me a text message on my cell please.

919 601 9723

Guys, I still don't have power.

I got a message from Yahoo saying we could not draft with an odd number. I was under the impression that we had enough--and would have tried to get one more in so we could make our draft time. I reset the draft for tomorrow afternoon--go to the site and see if the time works for you guys. In the meantime we will try to get one more person to join. PLEASE do not make an alternate team...we'll see if someone else can get in.

BTW--there are no more times for today, and tomorrow was either 3 PM or 5 PM.

whoever was the 13th team, thanks for screwing up my Sunday afternoon. :mad:

I'm good with tomorrow as well. Someone tell me what time with a stated timezone since Yahoo is playing with my timezone head.

Dude, if we still have 13 teams tomorrow afternoon, can you knock out the last person to join (or randomly pick someone)? LIFO, last-in, first-out.

I'd volunteer to delete my team, but it would take a LOT of bribery. Couple sixers of Pliny, just to start...

The 13th team should have volunteered to delete his team today before the draft!

Yes, Dude has the ability to delete any team in the league before the draft.

Well, to be fair, I don't think we knew it would be an issue until very recently. It is a pisser, though, had everything all set for tonight; booze, chips, the wife's taking care of Cassie... just a pisser.

Now I've got to deal with Verizon tomorrow to figure out what's up with my DSL. I have a nasty feeling I'll be autodrafting, regardless. :(

Hopefully we can get one more--I'm changing the league to only allow 14 teams though. If we don't get one, yes, I believe I'll have to delete the last one that got in. Who was that?

Either that or I'll just set it as an aotopick and we'll be fair to everyone. What say you guys?

Rank your players at any rate--just to be safe?

I want to be drafted by Wednesday, which means Tusday night would be an autodraft draft no matter what.

It was a known issue yesterday according to the time stamp on the post. You can't tell me people weren't checking in on this thread when it was getting close to draft time? :confused: I don't think this stupid tropical storm helped us out any either.

Anyway, if I'm home in time for the draft tomorrow then fine, if not, oh well.

Hey, any IT people: When I go to Java Console after testing the system and see this message:

TesterClient - Version 1.0 (Build 120)
Checking port = 8881: Checking port = 8885: Checking port = 8883: Checking port = 8889: Checking port = 8887: Failed. Exception: Connection refused: connect
Failed. Exception: Connection refused: connect
Checking port = 8895: Checking port = 8893: Checking port = 8899: Checking port = 8897: Checking port = 8891: Failed. Exception: Connection refused: connect
Checking port = 8903: Checking port = 8905: Checking port = 8901: Checking port = 8909: Checking port = 8907: Failed. Exception: Connection refused: connect

Does that look like a firewall issue? All my settings appear to be fine.

Bird - yes, a firewall issue. Although I'm surprised they're using ports up in that range. Most program go under port 80 nowadays which is web/html. But then again, they can't deal with my timezone either. Are we all in a rant today or what? I was wrong about FFB, I never knew it could be this much fun! ;)

Thanks, I'll have to get things working at the house. This is *almost* enough of a pisser to take me down off my buzz from scoring 50 feet of 1/4 copper tubing for $30 today (time to go home and plan my immersion chiller :D)

Bird - try this if you see it. Go to Tools->Internet Options->Advanced Tab. See if you have a Java (Sun) option. If you do, uncheck it, unless it is unchecked, then check it and try again. Close all browsers and go back in before testing though.

desertBrew said:
Bird - try this if you see it. Go to Tools->Internet Options->Advanced Tab. See if you have a Java (Sun) option. If you do, uncheck it, unless it is unchecked, then check it and try again. Close all browsers and go back in before testing though.

No go (it was checked, I unchecked, closed, and reloaded IE).

Would using Firefox or another browser potentially help?

the_bird said:
No go (it was checked, I unchecked, closed, and reloaded IE).

Would using Firefox or another browser potentially help?

99.9% sure no. It's a firewall issue. damn IT geeks. I'm going to start drinking now.

the_bird said:
I'm gonna give it a shot for the 0.01%.

One of the IT geeks lives in the house next door to me; should I go beat him up?

Only if it's a manager. Actually, it's usually HR/Legal's fault. For the most part we could give a crap what you surf.

Nah, he's cool. I could probably bribe him with a couple homebrews to both open up the firewall and join as team #14. Firefox is a no-go, alas (long shot, but at least I now have Firefox installed on this system). I have a feeling I'll be ranking my players and letting the computer draft for me tomorrow afternoon. I have a worse feeling that I won't have a chance to rank the players, and it'll be drafting based on the default rankings. :)

Thanks for your help!

Back