Help name my brewery.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k1v1116

Reaction score
Well to make a long story short(er) my neighbor a few houses away has decided to keep peacocks on his property, and allow them to roam free around the neighborhood. About a week and a half ago I brewed a mild brown and shortly after dough-in I was startled to see two peacocks on my deck peering in the kitchen door. I didn't make the connection at the time but yesterday I brewed a Nut brown ale and again about half way through the mash the peacocks showed up, well after reading a bit about their diet and ruling out a lot of other factors I'm starting the think they're very attracted to the sweet grainy scent of the mash and are going to show up every time I brew. I'll have to see over the next few brew days if they show up again but for now I'm looking for peacock themed names for my brewery. help me out.

p1000051xf7.jpg

p1000063lh2.jpg

An old neighbor of mine raised peacocks. I have no idea how to turn this God-awful sound into a brewery name, but it was my first thought when you mentioned peacocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great story! I'm not very creative, so I'm sure you'll get some better names, but I thought of "Two Hen Brewing Company" and just simply, "Peacock Brewing Company".

Hey- I said I wasn't very creative! But great pictures!

Theres this older guy down the road from my dad's who has a few peacocks. Damn they are better than having a watchdog. You go anywhere near his property line and they just go bezerk

Girly:-

Thousand Eyes Brewery
Blue Paradise Brewery

Crude pun:-

Pee Cock Brewery

My favourite:-

OhioBrit Rocks Brewery.

I've been toying with a name for my own just for laughs. I always end up with "Sick dog Brewery". :(

the peacock call is unpleasant fortunately these two are the quiet type, but I think they're both young so that might change.
I wish I had the money for those blue fliptop bottles but I'm still using recycled Heineken and Presidente bottles.
Good names so far, its gonna be hard to choose. In keeping with the blue theme "True Blue brewery/brewing"? maybe a bit of a tongue twister.

Blue Plume Brewery?

Hearing that peacock call sparked a funny memory that might help. I was still in grade school when my neighbors first started raising peacocks. None of us had ever heard a peacock before, so it was quite a shock when they got vocal. The first time my Dad heard their calling, he thought my Mom was screaming his name, "Tom!," in agony from somewhere inside the house, imagining her pinned down by a fallen piece of furniture or worse. He spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to find out what was wrong with my Mom before he figured out that she wasn't even home at the time, and the neighbors had an annoying new hobby. So, I think I've figured out how to turn that sound into a brewery name after all:

Screamin' Momma Brewery

Peacock Flock Brewing

Peacock Flock Brewery

Lock Stock and Two Smokin' Peacocks

Cock Bait Nut Brown Ale hahahahaha, a little rough around the edges

Cock Bait Nut Brown Ale hahahahaha, a little rough around the edges
I love that one, unfortunately some of my beers go to my parents friends etc... so I can only use that label on a few for my friends.
Peacock Bock, isnt bock german for goat? that could make for some good art on the labels.

I would have thought I'd have 10,000 ideas for this...it seems so open.

I got nothing.

I do want to vote for the Girly Thousand Eyes Brewery...and I double Dog Dare you to make Peacock Bock!

I remember buying my friend a bottle of "Fighting Cock" whiskey for his 21st birthday. It was priceless watching him unwrap it in front of all his relatives.

Slightly geeky but Pavo is the Genius.

Curious Pavo Brewing

from Yuri's post.

Crying Fowl Brewing

There also in the pheasant family so maybe

Pleasant Pheasant Brewing

Back