Anyone going to the CBS release at Founders?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Remember, tomorrow (Saturday) is the taproom release of Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout. They start handing out 750ml bottles at 11am. Limit 2 bottles per person. I think they hand out numbers at around 8 or 9, so you can leave and get back in line (as long as you are there before your number is called!)

The retail release is on October 3rd.

OH Cool!!

Canadian Breakfast Stout is an Imperial Stout brewed with a blend of coffees and imported chocolates, then aged in spent bourbon barrels that have most recently been aging pure Michigan maple syrup. The final product has had stellar reviews and is currently the fifth highest rated beer in the world on www.BeerAdvocate.com.

Read more: Canadian Breakfast Stout to be released | Beer Nut http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/beernu...breakfast-stout-to-be-released/#ixzz1ZRgVtZik

CBS is different from KBS in the barrel they use. KBS uses bourbon barrel I think, and CBS has the maple syrup barrels.

I am seriously thinking about staying downstate tonight so I can get in line before sunrise... :blearyeyed:

Woke up early, got out of bed a little later, got breakfast, drove to GR, stood in almost freezing line for like 4 hours, got my bottles. Other than the cold, it was pretty fun standing and joking with others.

I even filled the back of my Jeep with empties people brought and drank in line. I got a TON of bombers. I filled 2 tall kitchen trash cans with hot water and Oxi and soaked some bottles. That accounts for probably 1/3 of the bottles I picked up.

Latest posts

Back