lemonade color

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndhome1

Reaction score
I brewed an american wheat beer from northern brewer. It was a 5gal all grain batch. It was boiled for 60 minutes following the recipe. It sat in an open primary for 10 days, then a closed secondary for 10 days, it was then kegs and sat warm for two weeks.
It then sat in my ref for 5 days, then tapped. The flavor is very nice with a nice head, but the color is that of lemonade.

I have not done this type of wheat before, is this the correct results?

Do you mean fake lemonade or real lemonade? If it is the color of real lemonade, I would be worried.

There is only wheat and 2-row in this recipe, so the color should be very light. Post a pic for us.

I'm reasonably sure that nobody peed in it!!!:tank:

Here is a picture.

Beer 002.jpg

Looks good! :mug:

You just have to take into account what went in there, which is almost nothing with any lovibond to speak of.

That's light, but compared to a wit that's got tons of color. When you use pilsner malt and nothing else to add color, then you'll see a truly light beer - even more similar to lemonade (real lemonade that is). I'm brewing a wit next weekend, I'll post pics.

That color looks beautiful! But if you're truly worried about it, let me know. I'll help you and and take them off your hands for disposal...

Latest posts

Back