Free Bottle Opener from Beck's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, nothing is free... there's a lot of scary information in their privacy policy.
http://www.becksbeer.com/legal/privacy.html
And this is Anheuser-Busch, which is now InBev, so there's no telling what will happen with your personal information. I have a few bottle openers, so I think I'll keep my name, address, email, etc. out of AB/InBev's hands. I get enough junk mail and spam.;)

Mine is on the way as well, and in only two weeks--a lot sooner than that Brolly spoon. :D

I personally don't see how much damage InBev can do with my (alternate) email address and home address.

Signed up, the site said 1-2 weeks.
I still havent got the brolly spoon either from bass. Those bass-tards, ha ha ha.

Thanks for the heads up!!

:mug:

I don't know, nothing is free... there's a lot of scary information in their privacy policy.
http://www.becksbeer.com/legal/privacy.html
And this is Anheuser-Busch, which is now InBev, so there's no telling what will happen with your personal information. I have a few bottle openers, so I think I'll keep my name, address, email, etc. out of AB/InBev's hands. I get enough junk mail and spam.;)

I can agree about privacy concerns.
Thats why I didn't use my full last name, gave wrong BDay, had it delivered to my office, and I used a "fake" email (everyone should know about this service: http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html ).
For email...at the least set up a free hotmail/yahoo account for these types of situations if you want more than 10min lol.

Can't wait to get my free opener!

:mug:

It looks like it is over now. The free opener is history.

Early birds get the worm as long as they don't live in Texas or California (aschloerchers). :(

That's strange...it was there yesterday but of course I didn't enter when I had the chance.
Stupid work getting in the way.... :mad:

Dammit!! I wanted a key bottle opener!

Oh well, I got that Brolly from Bass, and haven't even tried it out yet... I should get me a stout tonight and pour one.

Yeah I just got an email about this from becks, saying i have to confirm my email address in order for me to get my opener, it just so happens this is 2 weeks after i signed up, which should be when i got it, but they just say they're shipping it now?

Yeah I just got an email about this from becks, saying i have to confirm my email address in order for me to get my opener, it just so happens this is 2 weeks after i signed up, which should be when i got it, but they just say they're shipping it now?

I received the same email. I guess the fine print was something other than what was mentioned.

BTW, check out their sweepstakes contest. Nice prizes as long as you don't mind giving up personal info and blood sample :)

Maybe it is 2weeks after confirmation.

Thats complete weaksauce them wanting a confirmation at this point. I used 10min mail instead of my actual email to avoid the spam and I didn't see anything that mentioned confirmation emails whatspever.
Oh well, I like freebies but this is no loss when openers are a dime a dozen or just a bic away lol.

I'm glad I saw this post. I saw the email but deleted it without reading. Checked my trash folder and there it was.

Back