Nor Cal Brewing Solutions SALE EXTENDED TILL BLACK FRIDAY!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/HomeBrewTalk Promotion.html

Hay guys so after all the PM's, E-Mails and phone calls from everyone wondering if we are going to extend the sale after the GIVEAWAY was over I am happy to say YES! We are extending the sale till Black Friday for you guys.

We are selling a 15" reversed hinge false bottom with handle and level 1 stand for $94.97

All custom False Bottoms are 10% off

AND....

ALL NCBS built Mash, Stir, Aeration and Whirlpool paddles are still on sale!

If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them here..

Thanks for all the orders guys!

Cheers
Jay

I know it's not a false bottom but any way a hop blocker could be made to work in a 62 qt. Bayou Classic SS Kettle with a 90 degree elbow instead of a pickup tube?

I know it's not a false bottom but any way a hop blocker could be made to work in a 62 qt. Bayou Classic SS Kettle with a 90 degree elbow instead of a pickup tube?

Does it need to be hinged to fit inside the ring on top or does your Bayou not have the ring? That kettle would normally use a 15 1/4" hinged false bottom and whatever height stand you wanted. We hinge all Bayou False Bottoms so if you do have one of the Bayou kettles without the ring on top then absolutely I can make one for you. Come to think of it, either way I can make one for you I would just make it so it can slip through the top inside of the ring, I just need to know the diameter of the inside of the ring of the kettle. I can build it custom for you.
Would this be for a MLT or a BK?

Cheers
Jay

It does have the ring on top. I was thinking of using the hop blocker in the boil kettle so I could just throw pellet hops right in the boil without using a hop spider or worrying about blocking my plate chiller.

It does have the ring on top. I was thinking of using the hop blocker in the boil kettle so I could just throw pellet hops right in the boil without using a hop spider or worrying about blocking my plate chiller.

For pellet hops you will need 3 levels of filtration, that I would be happy to build into your hop blocker for you. Then yes you could absolutely use a street 90 as a dip tube and block out pellet hops from getting into the plate chiller. We have proven the level 3 filter system over and over again and it just works. All I would need from you is a few measurements as to exactly where your hole is and what your using as a ball valve system to drain. Then I can build you a system that will work for your kettle. Any reason why you don't want our standard false bottom system for that kettle? The stand I build for it is basically a level 2 and with 1 strip of perf stainless welded in its a level 3 filter for that kettle. And we can build your stand to sit above the drain so you don't have to worry about the dip tube fitting into the false bottom system at all as it would be below it.
Are you using a welded coupling or are you using a weldless kit?

Cheers
Jay

Cheers
Jay

It's weldless. I BIAB and that's why I don't use or need a false bottom for the mash.

Gotcha. They really are basically the same. From a filtration standpoint we build extra filtration into the false bottom for a boil kettle that we don't have to with the MLT because we use the grain bed as a filter in the MLT.

Shoot me a PM and we can discuss your build in detail and I can shoot you some prices, build ideas, get some measurements, ETC...

Cheers
Jay

Back