Well the first batch is done and half gone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcmadhatter

Reaction score
I only recently started this crazy addictive mess. I have researched and looked into HBing for a few years now and well santa brought me a starter kit, so not to hurt the reindeers feelings I started. It was a simple beginers kit from monster brew (wish they'd have let me pick it) but had everything I needed including 2 cases of bottles and ingredients to make 5 gls of Brown ale.

The main reason for the post is to say thank you for all the knowledge from the people here. I had a few concerns of course from having no experience in this, dare I say, hobby. But this forum has a huge amount of members with great advice that helped alot. I never really asked the questions myself, just did searchs and usually found the answers.
Since there are to many users to actually name that have answered my questions through others posts, I'll just baseline it and sayThank you !

In the mean time the first batch I did is half gone and I find it very enjoyable.
1) I made it, yeah so what it's extract, currently that's all I can do wit hthe equipment I have.
2) I love it when friends say "F YOU, this is great beer" because I have this wonderful beer in my fridge ad they don't hah.

here is the first batch made.
Mad Hatter Brewing - Brown Ale
glassobrownale-1.jpg

In the mean time I have made my promised 5 gls of "Jan 24th Apfelwein Day" Edwort's Apfelwein plus 5 1gl of test Apfelweins, different yeast, some primed, some added sweetner, some with added fruit an concentrate and next thursday will be making some wheat beer.

I bought 2 more 6.5 gl carboys and a 5 gl and prolly this spring will be buying some hop rhizomes to add to the garden. I think santa didn't realize the monster he has created :cross: , but I guess this is enough rambling for now and again thanks.

You better have already started another batch bud. Its so neat to see my exact same posts echoed from others who have discovered the gift of homebrewing.

I just pity you when you experience the agony (and joy) of drinking your LAST of the first batch. Then realizing you dont have a pipeline...

Welcome to it bud!
-Me

You better have already started another batch bud.

Well the 6x1 gl testers will be done in two more weeks and with the purchase of the extra carboys I think the first couple months will be the most difficult hah.
We do have a micro brew here in town that has a quite good selection of beers to hold me over.

The pipeline is a must. I thought I had finally gotten ahead but currently have no homebrew to drink until my amber ale is carbonated (about 3 more days). I mashing my first 10 gallon batch right now so that should help me get ahead.

Back