Fermenting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeretheBrews

Reaction score
Hey all. Just started my first batch yesterday. It has been sealed in primary for around 24 hours now. It is bubbling like this. 1-2-3 stop... 1-2-3 stop. It is right below 65 in my room. Upstairs it is around 69-72 all day. Should I keep downstairs. Will it matter that much? Is it going how it is supposed to?

The type and or recipe would be great to know.

From the sound of it, you are doing great.

Post more info for deeper analysis.

Cheers,

knewshound

it is a kit....

Honey Porter. The honey in this recipe ferments smoothly and crisply, creating a homebrew perfect for those just starting to appreciate darker beer. A great change of pace for dark beer fans. Our ingredients for this recipe include 6 pounds of Dark malt extract, 2 pounds of Minnesota Clover Honey, 1 pound of specialty grains, 2 ounces of hops, yeast, priming sugar and a grain bag. Honey Porter w/ Munton's 6 gm dry yeast

Wow, not much detail in the grain and the hops.

I would try to do primary upstairs, and secondary downstairs. The warmer temps will help the yeast get started, and 72 is not too hot at all. The cooler temps should help it settle out. If this is too complicated just use the upstairs.

my $0.02

- magno

After thinking about it, you probably brew downstairs, so it may not be worth carrying it up the stairs.

1-2-3-stop sounds like a waltz. 1-1-1 is more desireable but that would be a cha-cha I think. :cross:

Sounds like everything is fine, don't worry.

Latest posts

Back