From keg to carry?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
I know about the beer gun and its alternatives, and I plan on someday getting one so I can bottle a small portion of my batches. But for now I am wanting to take my brew places just to share with friends. This would be the same day its taken from the keg. Is the best way to do this by just using a swing top or something?

Thanks

Swing tops or growlers work fine for same day drinking.

Screw cap soda bottles would work, too.

:mug:

I figured this was a simple question, one more to toss on top. Once put into a growler how long will the beer stay carbonated and fresh?

Can't answer that one for ya - I fill them just before I leave for wherever I'm going, and they are usually empty within a half hour of opening. :D

Can't answer that one for ya - I fill them just before I leave for wherever I'm going, and they are usually empty within a half hour of opening. :D

Hehe, ya I was hoping to bring some into work and have the guys try it out at lunch time. That would need to make it about 8 hours in the fridge! :ban:

I buy sparkling water in 1.25 liter plastic bottles. I reuse them the transport small quantities of beer or to give to neighbors. I use a carbonator cap on them to keep it carbonated till they drink it. I used to use 2 liter bottles, but now that's only for parties. My Carbonator caps have my initials on them and the neighbors know to bring them back if they want more beer. :D

These puppies work great and I have used them for years. Williams Brewing has the best deal on them at $12.90 each and you can get them down to $11.90 if you buy four. I've seen some LHBS sell these for $19.95.

D74.JPG

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/CARBONATER_P115C117.cfm

I buy sparkling water in 1.25 liter plastic bottles. I reuse them the transport small quantities of beer or to give to neighbors. I use a carbonator cap on them to keep it carbonated till they drink it. I used to use 2 liter bottles, but now that's only for parties. My Carbonator caps have my initials on them and the neighbors know to bring them back if they want more beer. :D

These puppies work great and I have used them for years. Williams Brewing has the best deal on them at $12.90 each and you can get them down to $11.90 if you buy four. I've seen some LHBS sell these for $19.95.

D74.JPG

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/CARBONATER_P115C117.cfm

Wow thats really cool! I will pick myself up a couple, thanks Ed!

Back