You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You see the carpet cleaning crew next door uses corny kegs in their process and think it is such a waste of a good keg.

You see the carpet cleaning crew next door uses corny kegs in their process and think it is such a waste of a good keg.

...and then wonder what exactly it would take to get said kegs, once properly liberated, decontaminated and useable once again for food products.

...and then wonder what exactly it would take to get said kegs, once properly liberated, decontaminated and useable once again for food products.

For a price, I can show you my method

photo_zps8367e202.jpg

And there's a couple brother and sisters missing from that family photo. That doesn't even include the parents (5 gallon kegs)

I was hoping somebody besides me would appreciate the irony. Had basketball jones stuck in my head since last weekend. so I changed it a little. You know George Harrison played the guitar on that one? Some other notables too. Anyway,it fits how we start this hobby,then get hooked on it.
I need,I need somebody I can brew with. Somebody I can pass a beer to,...somebody to stand beside me in that brewery of life...:D

Heck, my first thought was of "Jones" soda.. but then I got it. Oo-oo-oooo

You see an old portable Cornelius soda fountain hooked up to a ton of ball lock kegs dispensing actual soda and think it is such a waste of good kegs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

For a price, I can show you my method

photo_zps8367e202.jpg

And there's a couple brother and sisters missing from that family photo. That doesn't even include the parents (5 gallon kegs)

What size kegs are those, and where can I get some? They look nicer than some of the other sub-5 gal kegs I've seen.

That is a beautiful sight.

Is this one beautiful too?

image.jpg

What size kegs are those, and where can I get some? They look nicer than some of the other sub-5 gal kegs I've seen.

They're all 3 gallon spartan kegs.

I found them all on Craig's lists. This guy from Vancouver Washington posted them along with spartan 5gal (they're exactly the same just taller) his family ran a soda company that provided soda and maintenance to machines for law firms.they closed business 15 years ago and all this stuff sat in their building. The family is selling the building and needed the stuff gone.

He even thinks he has another pallet of 3 gallon kegs. They're in amazing shape. Some look brand new, and these things are old too. He said they're probably older than 1985. They had this company when he was a kid, and he's almost 50 now. He also had those regulators above as well as manifolds.

I was going to sell some off the for sale forum because I don't need all of this and it's a contribution to the community since these old 3 gallon Spartans are extremely rare. I was going to get those regulators as well and repost them here, but my ad for the 3 gals was pulled. They're reviewing it and discussing it now to determine if it can go back up. They have a very strict policy about reselling. I understand.

Is this one beautiful too?

View attachment 187146

They're all 3 gallon spartan kegs.

I found them all on Craig's lists. This guy from Vancouver Washington posted them along with spartan 5gal (they're exactly the same just taller) his family ran a soda company that provided soda and maintenance to machines for law firms.they closed business 15 years ago and all this stuff sat in their building. The family is selling the building and needed the stuff gone.

He even thinks he has another pallet of 3 gallon kegs. They're in amazing shape. Some look brand new, and these things are old too. He said they're probably older than 1985. They had this company when he was a kid, and he's almost 50 now. He also had those regulators above as well as manifolds.

I was going to sell some off the for sale forum because I don't need all of this and it's a contribution to the community since these old 3 gallon Spartans are extremely rare. I was going to get those regulators as well and repost them here, but my ad for the 3 gals was pulled. They're reviewing it and discussing it now to determine if it can go back up. They have a very strict policy about reselling. I understand.

Sweet baby jeebus.

If they won't let you sell them you can just donate them to me. I would hate for them to just sit there all lonely and beerless

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If they won't let you sell them you can just donate them to me. I would hate for them to just sit there all lonely and beerless

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well even though they aren't lonely—they have all their siblings keeping them company—donating then all to you is definitely my next option.

I havnt had the funds to drop on a legging setup, hell I'm still doing half batches in mr beer kegs for all grain, but I figured ill keep collecting

...when you spend two minutes with your primary care physician discussing the antibiotic she's prescribing...and the next ten (successfully) telling her how she should get into homebrewing and make her own two-hearted ale clone.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I would love to get my hands on some of those! I do 3 gal batches all the time so the size is perfect. :)

Also: ...when you've been reading the same novel for a year + because you keep getting distracted by beer books, BYO etc. Someday I'll find out what happens at the end... maybe.

When you're constantly looking for more equipment that SWMBO will question you about purchasing.

+1 to the list of people wishing they were lucky enough to score all that and share the wealth

When you really really want to go to bed but you are waiting for your wort to cool another 5 degrees before you toss in the yeast...(I'm tired and out of homebrew...)

When you really really want to go to bed but you are waiting for your wort to cool another 5 degrees before you toss in the yeast...(I'm tired and out of homebrew...)

Yup, when your really tired and you have to do anything cleaning related to your homebrew. Man, if I didn't homebrew, i'd probably get a lot more sleep :)

When you keep your house at 62F all winter long and tell your wife it is to save money.
Uh.... unless I'm sick, 62° is the WARMEST it gets in my house in the winter. During the day when I'm gone, and at night while I'm asleep, I've got the thermostat set to drop to 55°. Been that way long before I started brewing!

And during the summer, I set my A/C to 64 or 68.

Uh.... unless I'm sick, 62° is the WARMEST it gets in my house in the winter. During the day when I'm gone, and at night while I'm asleep, I've got the thermostat set to drop to 55°. Been that way long before I started brewing!

And during the summer, I set my A/C to 64 or 68.

I WISH I had that kind of money. I also wish SWMBO and I could agree on a temperature. I want it in the 60's year round, she wants it in the 80's.

I WISH I had that kind of money. I also wish SWMBO and I could agree on a temperature. I want it in the 60's year round, she wants it in the 80's.

Wahoo! Belgian beer temps standard in my house.................... I also have the capacity to lager up to five 5 gallon batches or hold ale temps for 10 gallons at a time. (I design/make commercial refrigeration units:D)

Back