Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I updated the border of my labels to spice it up. The QR code links to the recipe on Brewer's Friend. What do you think?

babyface-65027.jpg

I updated the border of my labels to spice it up. The QR code links to the recipe on Brewer's Friend. What do you think?

babyface-65027.jpg

I like the hop scale a lot! That'd be good when sharing with uninitiated folks. Overall, nicely done!

I like the hop scale a lot! That'd be good when sharing with uninitiated folks. Overall, nicely done!

I put the bitterness in IBU's but bitterness and hop flavor are a couple different things these days.

So the bitterness level is indicated by a number.. but the hop flavor in the beer is shown in the scale.

My RIS has a really high bitterness but not much actual hop flavor.. so i would have something like IBU: 70 and then only have maybe 2 of the 4 hop cones filled.. especially since that beer ages and the bitterness hop flavor both drop out over time.

Ok OK OK.. this time this is it.. i finally settled on what I want for my label background and neckers. I printed the previous one out and was unhappy with it. Now im locking down and keeping this format.

necking-65030.png

4lights-65029.png

Ok OK OK.. this time this is it.. i finally settled on what I want for my label background and neckers. I printed the previous one out and was unhappy with it. Now im locking down and keeping this format.

I like how this looks. Compared to your other label, my eyes were drawn to the QR code.

Now my eyes are drawn to your Logo.

Of course it will look a little different when it is on a bottle but still it seems people like to read top to down and Right to Left.

The last batch I put on I just poured about an 1/8" of milk in a plate. Dipped both sides and applied the labels.

I tried one side on my wine bottles and they wanted to wrinkle while drying. Dipping both sides took care of it on my beers.

Worked like a charm.

I just had a lol moment. My son picked out this label for the ghost chili IIPA we're going to brew in a few months after he grows some more.

Well, while my son & I were looking at the pic of the label, it hit me. What if I had a real brewery & produced it with this label? change the cartoon of my other son's face to look like the video "Fire" by The Crazy World of Arthur Brown? " I am the god of hellfire!...& I bring you (raises the bottle with label to camera)...I take you to burn!...I take you to learn!"...as he raises a glass of it to drink, then dissapears in a poof of smoke. Seems kinda cool, yet funny?...
And the video in question...

Last edited by a moderator:

necking-65030.png

4lights-65029.png

Can you tell me what program you used for the design?
Really looks good, and want mine to look as nice.

My labels are pretty simple, but this is what I threw together for the RIS I just brewed.

10351336_863384260385508_3833302810295683749_n.png

Trying to decide on keeping / not keeping the border...

The small ones go on my tap handles and the big ones with the brewery logo, I recently made for a couple of growlers that I took to the Home Brew meeting.

Splitting Atoms 2.jpg

Hoppy McHopster.jpg

Growler Sacred Summit.jpg

Growler WitWash IPA.jpg

The Will Wheat-in is good, I like it. Might be a little more recognizable with a pic of a younger Wheaton though, maybe him as Wesley crusher from STNG.
Just my 2 cents worth. Regards, GF.

Yeah, he actually approved that one in Particular. I originally had a younger picture of him on it and then sent it to him on twitter and he sent me this back. His wife actually did this one I think.

All my reds will have a communist theme so for my India Red Ale I put Lenins head on an Hindu gods body....

And the oompa is an oOatMeal PAle ale...

And the Monkey Nuts is a Coconut Hefe (the numbers should be correct)...

The numbers aren't correct cause they're still fermenting and I still need to put the untappd QR code on the left side of both of them

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426006639.612329.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426006664.828119.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426006733.883857.jpg

Yeah, he actually approved that one in Particular. I originally had a younger picture of him on it and then sent it to him on twitter and he sent me this back. His wife actually did this one I think.

I prefer the older one. That is how I think of Wil.

He's a good dude. Talked to him a bit about the VandalEyesPA which is pretty good.

He reblogged something of mine related to a board game I made some time ago. Super nice guy.

Made this a while ago but then realized how quickly ink costs add up, so I decided to have two sets of labels for each beer. I make a 6 pack with the full colorized labels and then use the "ink saver series" for the rest, and it's pretty easy to make the black and white one, 2 minutes of dragging and dropping. Saves ink costs and I can fit 9 labels on a page instead of 3!

thumb2_tetsujin-228-65313.jpg

thumb2_tetsujin-ink-saver-65314.jpg

I just made a generic label that I swap out information for each beer (colors, ABV, IBU and beer name.) I am thinking about starting to do something more unique for each beer, but not sure I want the time commitment right now to design a new label for everything I do.

02-2014-11-14-Labeled-Bottles.jpg

2014-11-30-Spiced-Winter-Ale.jpg

2014-12-13-Two-Cs-India-Pale-Ale.jpg

2014-12-20-Nut-Brown.jpg

2014-12-23-SMASH-American-Session.jpg

Back