Berliner Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El_Exorcisto

Reaction score
So I let a Berliner run for 3 weeks in primary and just bottled it two days ago. Is there going to be any issue with it carbing up in the bottles with the yeast sitting at such a low pH for an extended period? The beer was delightfully sour, like a glass of fresh lemonade.

I've had just fine luck carbonating as normal (with a slightly higher rate of sugar since it's a berliner). If anything, the bottle come out carbed and more sour than when I racked it.

Also, no offense, but your sig line tends towards ridiculous.

Indeed, ridiculous it is... So is letting a colony of microbes larger than the population of humans on earth to fart and urinate in the beverage we cherish so dearly. Ridiculous, such an exteme yet very relative term.

What gravity did you bottle at? I have a Berliner I brewed back in November with the Wyeast blend and it seems to be stuck @ around 1.005. I want to go ahead and bottle it but I am afraid of the brett in the blend creating too much CO2 with the residual sugar.

Any thoughts?

Mine ran down to 1.003, but I did a no-boil and let it spontaneously ferment for three days before I pitched my yeast. I've heard very little good about the commercial offerings, and can't see spending money on something we have for free already. I'm fairly certain there isn't any brett present, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was either.

Back