What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SupervisingChildren said:
Having my first (and probably last) Rauchbeir. So that's what it tastes like...

Could have saved a few bucks and just drank the drippings can from your grill.

mcbaumannerb said:
I actually like the taste once in a great while - provided they don't over do it. Unfortunately I'm still looking for one that doesn't over do it :( Having a diet Pepsi on the train. I'm hoping there are no delays so I can do a quick detour to Tired Hands and then get home to vote.

I forgot it was Election Day until I heard npr story driving home from neighbors.

image-108622232.jpg

Bucket dregs from BdC rebrew. Came out a tad higher abv than I wanted at almost 4.5%, but it tasted great. Can't wait for this one to carb up.

TNGabe said:
Could have saved a few bucks and just drank the drippings can from your grill. I forgot it was Election Day until I heard npr story driving home from neighbors. Bucket dregs from BdC rebrew. Came out a tad higher abv than I wanted at almost 4.5%, but it tasted great. Can't wait for this one to carb up.

Looks good!

mcbaumannerb said:
Looks good!

Looked super clear transferring, I'm hoping it's not hazy and it's just cause this was bottom of the bucket. Filled a TH growler for you.

image-724866845.jpg

Reggie would also like a shirt if they have canine medium. He will settle for a Lebanon baloney sandwich.

Kapuziner black wheat is a tasty one! I tried to find a clone recipe but didn't have much luck. Ended up with a Schwarzweizen recipe off of here that was pretty tasty and actually pretty close to Kapuziner

Wish I could find this beer more readily

I looked as well, I can't find a black wheat and I'm a little sad. Wouldn't mind you shooting me a link to the recipe that is close though!

I actually like the taste once in a great while - provided they don't over do it. Unfortunately I'm still looking for one that doesn't over do it :(

Having a diet Pepsi on the train. I'm hoping there are no delays so I can do a quick detour to Tired Hands and then get home to vote.

I think I may have one that does not over do it...

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
At lhbs had two glasses of the most amazing Michigan cherry mead soooo damn good! Off to New Holland now
I recently picked up some apple cider mead called Kurt's apple pie mead. It's a meadery out of NH. It is my first taste of mead. Is it supposed to taste boozy? I had it at warm temp. It's in the fridge now so I'll go back at some point for a second taste!

If you like your plan, keep your plan!

Psychhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My first imperial IPA....damn this one turned out well. (Decided to boil up and add about 3.5 lbs of DME as I added the champagne yeast and moved it to secondary....gave me extra volume plus extra ABV. Win-win!!) White House Honey Ale - with some of my first year Columbus-grown Columbus hops - is up next; continuing to drink the IIPA all evening leads to bad outcomes.

I recently picked up some apple cider mead called Kurt's apple pie mead. It's a meadery out of NH. It is my first taste of mead. Is it supposed to taste boozy? I had it at warm temp. It's in the fridge now so I'll go back at some point for a second taste!

The good ones ive had arent really hot or boozy but a little is to be expected at around 14%.
At New Holland having El Mole Ocho delicious Imperial stout with mexican chocolate

ForumRunner_20131105_184305.jpg

Drinking a lakefront cream city pale ale which is very good! also just gazing in amazement at the BIF package mhurst111 sent me. Cant wait to SMACK these :D

2013-11-05 17.32.50.jpg

2013-11-05 17.23.17.jpg

did you already drink 2 GB's?!

No, I drank one Gandhi-bot and one Gandhi-bot clone. ;)

Seriously, though, I just made the two posts in quick succession. I drank the GBs while I was writing about the differences in the clone's thread. By the time I was done with that post it was time for another beer, so the two got posted here one right after the other.

Just got home from work, which started at 4am. I got home sooner than I thought. Double pour of Celebration. Last of the 6er. I'll probably pick up another 6er or two over the course of the winter.

I'm supposed to work another full day tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to do that. I think I'm gonna get completely pissed and call out tomorrow.

20131105_185322[1].jpg

TNGabe said:
Looked super clear transferring, I'm hoping it's not hazy and it's just cause this was bottom of the bucket. Filled a TH growler for you. Reggie would also like a shirt if they have canine medium. He will settle for a Lebanon baloney sandwich.

Sorry, I left my conversion chart at home ... What is canine medium in human? :D

Having Dr. Grasshopper lychee Berliner Weisse. Excellent stuff!

image-2803646324.jpg

Steak and HB Oktoberfest. Well... Many Oktoberfests. Crappy week so fart. My drunkening proceeds. I finally watched the last 2 episodes of Breaking Bad tonight and am annoyed that the ending was ruined for me by some jackass wearing makeup on daytime tv.

Steak and HB Oktoberfest. Well... Many Oktoberfests. Crappy week so fart. My drunkening proceeds. I finally watched the last 2 episodes of Breaking Bad tonight and am annoyed that the ending was ruined for me by some jackass wearing makeup on daytime tv.

Glade you found one you like cheers.

kevinv said:
Those multiple bottles of Civil Disobedience just nonchalantly sitting in the back are making me jealous. That's an awesome medal! Congrats on your unintentional win!
Sorry man. That's what happens when you live near the brewery :)

mcbaumannerb said:
Sorry, I left my conversion chart at home ... What is canine medium in human? :D Having Dr. Grasshopper lychee Berliner Weisse. Excellent stuff!
No dog shirts? Must have sold out.

image-3050738192.jpg

Added the port soaked oak and 4 oz port to 'Flanders' imperial stout with blueberries, so I figured I'd pull a sample. This is going to be killer.

Back