The Yard House

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig311

Reaction score
Wow. I live in CT and am on business in AZ. Obviously, aside from work, my number one priority is seeking out local brew pubs (I'm going to be traveling here back and forth for the next 5 months). Four Peaks in Tempe was the first place I wanted to go to. It lived up to all of my expectations. 8th Street Ale, Kiltlifter, you name it... all great beers in my opinion. The Yard House doesn't brew but has about 80 beers on tap. There were east coast beers I though I'd never find, along with Stone and other West Coast brews I seldom get to drink living on the East Coast.

The best part was being able to try draft versions of my favorite beers. For example... I drink Sierra Nevada APAs consistently, yet never had one on draft. In fact... there is a difference. Does anyone know if the draft version is different from the bottled version?? Maybe it's just me after one too many ; ) but I think it's a different beer.

Favorite of the night... Left Hand Milk Stout - Great beer.

The Yard House in Long Beach, CA has something like 150 on tap.

And yes, I believe the tap version of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is different.

Brewsmith said:

I think I remember hearing Jamil say there definitely was a difference. I wish I hadn't had a few IPAs before trying it on tap... I might have better been able to distinguish the difference. There's always tomorrow...

On a different note... The spicy tuna role is rediculously good there!!

Brewsmith said:

I love the one in Long Beach and in San Diego. GOOD times visiting those places:mug: Last time I went was at the one in SD.. Nice half-yard of Dead Guy Ale with some seared Ahi tuna.. mmmmm

I CAN NOT WAIT for Yardhouse to open up here in Vegas next month.:ban:

I went to the Yard House in Kansas City and it was pretty good time. Beer was a little expensive for this area, but not bad. We had a bad experience with getting food, but they had just opened, so we weren't too mad and we got free desert. When we did get the food, it was really good. I like going to these types of places. I always try and get beers that I've never had before so I can see what else is out there.

Back