Spunding valve with Tire valve to test pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugaboo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Being reading about closed pressurized fermentation and would like to put a couple of spunding valve together, but my fermentation chamber height is limited and the pressure gauge would hit the top. I thought it would be very convenient for me to have tire valves on my spunding setup so i can use my nice digital tire pressure gauge to check multiple spunding valves.

here's the basic set up I would want before replacing the pressure gauge http://www.midwestsupplies.com/ball-lock-adjustable-pressure-valve-w-gauge.html

here's the tire valve I would replace the gauge with mcmaster part# 8063K37

Anyone see future problems with this?

Your McMaster fitting will work - But you will have to go through a couple of fittings to adapt it to a 1/4 flare disconnect fitting.

Please let us know what you end up with. I'm interested.

Yes. Have replaced the tire valve with gauge tho. Kept lossing track of pressure gauge and also got a gauge for a scooter project and simply repurposed it for my spunding valve.

Back