GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for Inbetweeners! Holy balls that may have been the funnies show I've ever watched. Burned through both seasons in a day.

Netflix streaming has 'Ip Man' and 'Ip Man 2' which are chinese produced movies about one of their real life folk hero martial artists living in the 1930's-1940s. The movies are set in the period but are not representative of the period so its not depressing; you'll be seeing that period in China through rose colored glasses for sure. They were fillmed recently. The kung fu is amazing and doesn't appear to be 'sped up' and there is no silly wire-flying bull-pucky. The movies are an interesting reflection of how the chinese viewed the japanese who invaded and made me think of our own anti-japanese propaganda during WW2. The movies are solid subtitled kung-fu movies and are worth a look.

Netflix streaming has 'Ip Man' and 'Ip Man 2' which are chinese produced movies about one of their real life folk hero martial artists living in the 1930's-1940s. The movies are set in the period but are not representative of the period so its not depressing; you'll be seeing that period in China through rose colored glasses for sure. They were fillmed recently. The kung fu is amazing and doesn't appear to be 'sped up' and there is no silly wire-flying bull-pucky. The movies are an interesting reflection of how the chinese viewed the japanese who invaded and made me think of our own anti-japanese propaganda during WW2. The movies are solid subtitled kung-fu movies and are worth a look.

Both are some of the best KungFu I've ever seen. Just amazing and a great story too.

Just made the MOST epic gumbo. (stay with me)

Flawless dark roux. Best andoullie. Fresh chicken stock and herbs.....

Can't honestly say which is better............ the gumbo or breaking Bad.

* still hasn't overtaken battlestar Galactica but it is damned close*

I started watching "reaper" over a year ago and just came back to it tonight for a couple episodes and forgot it was quiet entertaining.. it's a kid who's parents sell his soul to the devil. now he has to collect demon soul's that escaped from hell for the devil :mug:

okay, finally hooked on Doctor Who yes it is awesome dammit.

nerdification has begun. prepare to be assimilated

I thought this was pretty awesome:

breakingbad_deathtoll1.jpg

link

cheezydemon3 said:
okay, finally hooked on Doctor Who yes it is awesome dammit.

nerdification has begun. prepare to be assimilated

If you appreciate good science fiction, you might like Stargate Universe (SGU). The last spinoff of that particular show, it was much better written. Only problem with series was that it never had a big enough following and was cancelled prematurely. Kind of left you hanging, if you know what I mean.

If you appreciate good science fiction, you might like Stargate Universe (SGU). The last spinoff of that particular show, it was much better written. Only problem with series was that it never had a big enough following and was cancelled prematurely. Kind of left you hanging, if you know what I mean.

Battlestar Galactica was the best sci-fi ever. Considering watching it again. I may check out SGU, missing an ending is a near deal killer!;)

We aren't talking about the original series, are we? Lol. My wife and I just started watching the new one. Definitely starts off with a bang.

That is the one.........is that relationship stable????

Sight unseen, she is a KEEPER!!!!!!!

That show is the Star Wars for.....some generation.

It is AMAZING.

Lol, she really is a keeper. We also just finished Babylon 5. That is a great, low budget sci-fi show from 80's. Unfortunately, only the first season is streaming and the rest on disc. I hate when they do that.

Lol, she really is a keeper. We also just finished Babylon 5. That is a great, low budget sci-fi show from 80's. Unfortunately, only the first season is streaming and the rest on disc. I hate when they do that.

Tell me about it!!

Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead,......(still watching BB, but getting close enough to get nervous!)

Honestly, Breaking Bad and (the new) Battlestar Galactica are head and shoulders above anything else (tv) that I have seen so far on netflix.

Battlestar Galactica was the best sci-fi ever. Considering watching it again. I may check out SGU, missing an ending is a near deal killer!;)

Stupid Scify channel. Do away with what could have been the great farewell to the one of the greatest science fiction series of all times, but hey, let put on wrestling instead.

I'm writing another letter.... it had Robert Carlyle in it!.... Stupid Scifi, SG1 is an amazing series.... wrestling...

Well, thanks to you guys I've watched all of Breaking Bad on Netflix, then I watched all of the newest ones on Amazon Instant Video, ....and now I've just bought an RV.

Well, thanks to you guys I've watched all of Breaking Bad on Netflix, then I watched all of the newest ones on Amazon Instant Video, ....and now I've just bought an RV.

I think I have it figured out too. We should compare notes. Can I be your Jesse Pinkman?

Stupid Scify channel. Do away with what could have been the great farewell to the one of the greatest science fiction series of all times, but hey, let put on wrestling instead.

I'm writing another letter.... it had Robert Carlyle in it!.... Stupid Scifi, SG1 is an amazing series.... wrestling...

That is a testament.

Is Battlestar Galactica only three seasons long?

They are all on Netflix if that is what you are asking. Seems like there were 4, but I could be wrong.

Lol!!! Excellent comedic timing and subtle delivery of the punchline!!!!

You were kidding, right?

I have to admit, I never realized that there were so many fellow sci-fi geeks on this forum. Farscape is one of my all time favorites. You can stream the whole series. It is another series that had a great story, but apparently was too expensive to continue producing. They ended the series really stupidly and because of the ensuing uproar, made a 2 hour movie that rounded it out, nicely. It was called the Peacekeeper Wars and is on disc.

richkev said:
I have to admit, I never realized that there were so many fellow sci-fi geeks on this forum. Farscape is one of my all time favorites. You can stream the whole series. It is another series that had a great story, but apparently was too expensive to continue producing. They ended the series really stupidly and because of the ensuing uproar, made a 2 hour movie that rounded it out, nicely. It was called the Peacekeeper Wars and is on disc.

Here's one for ya that's on Netflix.. lexx (tales from a parallel universe) I watched it a long time ago when blockbuster first started the dvd by mail program.. I found it on Netflix a couple weeks ago.. :mug:

Darkman II Return of Durant and Darkman III Die Darkman Die are on Netflix.

These movies are great. Wish the first Darkman was still available on Netflix

Edmanster, I did see Lexx! Pretty bizarre show, I may have to go back and watch it, again. I seem to remember a sex slave and a dead assassin. How can you go wrong?

LabRatBrewer said:
The uk version is so funny! Where is season 3??

It's funny, until you said UK version I didn't even know we stole yet another BBC program..lol.. Hollywood can't be original anymore.. just looked it up on IMDB and sure enough there's another season.. wonder why Netflix hasn't got it yet..

I watched Danial Craig in Archangel. It was a 3 part BBC adaptation of the Robert Harris novel. I think it was done just before craig became 007 and it was pretty good.

Now I am watching "The Last Enemy" which is a "Contemporary Masterpiece" program from the BBC with Benedict Cumberbatch who has been in mainstream movies but I like him most from his reboot of Sherlock, also from the BBC. Sherlock is great and has been mentioned in this thread a few times.

HALLOWEEN BITCHES!!!!!

SLITHER
- damned good original horror fun!

THE THING - EPIC HORROR MASTERPIECE where slither has a little silly fun thrown in the mix, The Thing is as no nonsense, no sillyness to the core scary horror as movies get.

Cheezy - Check out Thankskilling on NetFlix. I think that's a movie you would enjoy.

Took 2 shots at it! Made it 1/2 way the second time.

Strangely (though I appreciate you thinking of me;)) I like my threads nonsensical, but I take my movies seriously.

That isn't to say that a movie can't be idiotic and brilliant at the same time, but that turd had only a couple flashes of brilliance, and most of them were in the opening credits.

Along the same vein, Night of the chicken dead offered above par acting, over the top gross outs, and really creative and nonsensical plot twists.

The brilliance in that as opposed to Thankskilling?

(sometimes naked) lesbians going straight, a man crapping out a giant alien chicken egg, man jerking it while watching a guy and girl make out in a cemetary while a zombie reaches out of the ground and sticks a finger up the guy's butt........bizarre, vulgar, but original, and on all fronts, brilliant.

It is a musical to boot, with more than passable musical numbers.

NOT for everyone.
:mug:

Bellflower - WOW. Scary? yes. Not supernatural, but interesting. Well acted, fun to watch and then somewhat shocking. definitely GOOD.

THE THING, I know I've mentioned it but just watched it again...good god! absolutely epic. nearly on par with aliens.

so effing freakish!!!

Just finished watching I Melt With You, definitely one of the darkest movies I've seen. Im a little shaken up from it, definitely worth a watch.

Just finished watching I Melt With You, definitely one of the darkest movies I've seen. Im a little shaken up from it, definitely worth a watch.

Thanks!!

It's Halloween movie time and I thought I was talking to myself in here!!;)

Latest posts

Back